First PC games?

Soldato
I got into PC gaming reasonably late after being a console player - the first games I bought back in 99 were Command and Conquer (the first one), Total Annihilation, and Duke Nukem :D

Soldato
first games bought from the spectrum were probably a weird adventure game with dr who, the hobbit adventure game then Manic minor, jet set willy, tomahawk, lunar jet man, F15, pleasure dome (odd game) Elite,

Soldato
If you mean a "personal computer" then that was Network Q RAC Rally, but in terms of a "computer console" then Pirates on the Commodore 16.

Last edited:

C64

C64

Soldato
Depends which pc you mean ? if the start of amd and intel based then my first game I played on an amd was ultimate soccer manager around 1998/99

First pc game technically was some generic racing game on the spectrum zx81 at school then castle quest and daredevil dennis on the bbc micro computer, loved those two games.

Last edited:
Associate
Keen1a.png

Fondly remember playing Commander Keen and Secret Agent on my aunt's PC when I was four or five.

I bought Commander Keen on Steam recently, it's bloody rock solid!

Soldato
Early games that I remember:

Utopia <-- I liked the music in this so much that I had it at my wedding (Canon in g)
Supremacy

^^^ Both fantastic.

(and as above, there was a chess game where pieces would eat or hack each other, not starwars though).

Commander Keen
Wolfenstein3D (And I think the 2D version as well.. can't remember).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom