Associate
Hey everyone, just wanted to show my design for my desk i am currently working on. This design is juts a ruff draft and it might change in the future. Hope you guys enjoy and ill be trying to update weekly! I have some of it built (just part of the frame) and ill post pictures further i get. Have a good one!
New%20Desk.png

0fcK72U.png
0fcK72U

Last edited:
Associate
OP
you don't show a gpu? are you not cooling it?

including unnecessary bends etc will negatively affect the flow and ultimately the cooling ability of your setup. cooling hdd's is completely pointless imo.

edit: where you show the motherboard, I assume that's both cpu and gpu cooling then?

Yes I'm cooling the gpu as well, I just didn't put it in there......I just want to cool them so it will look aesthetically pleasing with the tubing around inside the desk. Might be pointless but will still look good ;)

Soldato
Yes I'm cooling the gpu as well, I just didn't put it in there......I just want to cool them so it will look aesthetically pleasing with the tubing around inside the desk. Might be pointless but will still look good ;)
it might look good but it may have a detrimental affect on the loops cooling ability, but it's your rig. hopefully it all works well and looks well.
what are the specs going to be?

Associate
OP
it might look good but it may have a detrimental affect on the loops cooling ability, but it's your rig. hopefully it all works well and looks well.
what are the specs going to be?
Ill monitor the temps and all that, if it is ill re do the tubes.... Ill have a

Asus maximus ix extreme
1080 amp extreme
i7-8700k
32gm ram
2 TB HDD
2 EK coolstream xe 360 Rads
2 alphacool dpp655 pumps
2 or 3 Alphacool cape corp coolplex HF metal 25 reservoirs

Soldato
Ill monitor the temps and all that, if it is ill re do the tubes.... Ill have a

Asus maximus ix extreme
1080 amp extreme
i7-8700k
32gm ram
2 TB HDD
2 EK coolstream xe 360 Rads
2 alphacool dpp655 pumps
2 or 3 Alphacool cape corp coolplex HF metal 25 reservoirs

nice. should look sweet. you got a particular colour scheme in mind?

Associate
OP
Here is some of the progress so far! Still a LONG way to go but its fun! Ill post some pics of all the components that are going into it once i get them all. Enjoy!

PvMKtZzl.jpg

0Ii6N5Ol.jpg

YLmQssAl.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
here some more pics from today and yesterday

Put the dividers in and bracing for them

lYfFdJyl.jpg

INgIm4Gl.jpg

4ykfBwrl.jpg

Put the top of the desk on and cut out the spot for the glass inserts

hhYUmeml.jpg

5COP6kul.jpg

6UClJzbl.jpg

ImeYIQEl.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Nice work.

Have you considered some kind of vinyl wrap, not sure if that would be an option but it would be worth a look. You could also cut/stick a full coloured perspex sheet over it.

Associate
OP
Nice work.

Have you considered some kind of vinyl wrap, not sure if that would be an option but it would be worth a look. You could also cut/stick a full coloured perspex sheet over it.
I thought about it, but I'm just going to paint it flat black and the inside floating board will be carbon fiber vinyl wrap.

Associate
What about the top, clear perspex?

The beauty of such builds like this you have the option to adjust and tweak later on if you so wish.

Great project, I will be watching your progress with interest and I'm sure if you contacted some websites or magazines they would be interested.

I had a build customPC a few years back, not sure if they still do the readers build section.

Back
Top Bottom