First watercooling venture in Fractal R6.

Soldato
And I’ve still got the dilemma of using the Mayhems Pastel White or the XSPC clear fluid I have. I really want to use the white but see a couple of you on the forum have had issues with it separating.

Soldato
OP
And I’ve still got the dilemma of using the Mayhems Pastel White or the XSPC clear fluid I have. I really want to use the white but see a couple of you on the forum have had issues with it separating.

I tested my fluid and the PH was 7 according to the litmus paper, so if its not the pastel then its something else in my loop.

I'm going to clean everything and try again and see how I get on.

Just a nause stripping the whole loop.

Associate
I've had mayhems pastel white in my loop for approaching 2 years now, maybe a little less. The fluid is fine, though as I've said elsewhere I was really obsessive over cleaning things out first. Hot water flush from the tap, alcohol in the rads and left to sit, more hot water from the tap flushed through the loop and then distilled water to clean it up and drained again before I put the fluid in. I can only imagine it's just residue left somewhere in the loop that is causing it.

Soldato
Well my first venture into water cooling isn’t going well! Got the res filled, turned on the power, the pump starts moving water through the system (very slowly I might add) and now it won’t go all the way. It gets as far as the 240 rad at the end of the loop but never comes out.

Soldato
Just wondering if I have the inlet/outlet around the wrong way on my cpu block? There are no markings saying which is which unlike the GPU block.
ShjXCuz_d.jpg
I currently have the top as the inlet and the bottom as the outlet.

Soldato
I looked on the website .

On my block its the same too, the inlet goes into the jet plate through the fins and then out.

Well it would if it wasn't full of mayhems gunk
What website was that? Anytime I go to the Bykski one it never works and the place where I bought it from never said. Anyway, that seems to have helped as I’m now bleeding the air out, so thanks for that. Fingers crossed my GPU works. Never done a GPU water lock before.

Last edited:
Soldato
Finally done.

Lg46DsR_d.jpg

Only remaining issue I have (currently) is the Bykski temp sensor. No matter which motherboard temp sensor port I plug it into or orientation when plugged in, I always get a negative reading. It looks to be the correct reading but just negative. Which means it’s useless for setting fan curves on the radiators to.

Soldato
OP
Looking good mate! Did it flow better once you switched the ports on the CPU?

Have you checked the temperature sensor in the HWInfo app?

The Gaming X trio is massive isn't it, especially with the water inlet/outlet.

Hope your fluid stays OK!

Soldato
Looking good mate! Did it flow better once you switched the ports on the CPU?

Have you checked the temperature sensor in the HWInfo app?

The Gaming X trio is massive isn't it, especially with the water inlet/outlet.

Hope your fluid stays OK!
Yeah it did mate, thanks once again for pointing that out.

I haven’t checked it in there actually.

Im getting a wee bit of coil whine from the GPU but nothing that’ll bother me too much when I’ve got a headset on.

My GPU block still has a few small bubbles in it. Will those work themselves out overtime?

Soldato
OP
I tilted the case every now and then and ran the pump at high and low speed which seemed to get the bubbles out.

What are you going to do with yourself now your project is complete?

Soldato
I love the white fluid look. It's exactly what I'm going for. I've just gone a bit overboard with the white components. Radiators, fans, fittings, cable sleeving. I'm just waiting for the snow silent PSU to turn up before it can be put together.

Soldato
What sort of temps have you been getting @Too Tall ?

With my rad fans at around 1,000rpm and the pump at around 45%, I’m seeing the GPU between 46-50, the CPU from 60 to 66 and the water around 39c. This was after playing EFT for 3 hours. Do these seem okay?

The CPU was sitting around 70+ but tightening the CPU block dropped those temps.

Soldato
OP
What sort of temps have you been getting @Too Tall ?

With my rad fans at around 1,000rpm and the pump at around 45%, I’m seeing the GPU between 46-50, the CPU from 60 to 66 and the water around 39c. This was after playing EFT for 3 hours. Do these seem okay?

The CPU was sitting around 70+ but tightening the CPU block dropped those temps.

I'll let you know when I'm up and running without all the gunk in my loop.

Your temps look good to me though. Its the water temperature over ambient that gives the best indication of how your loop is performing i believe.

Back
Top Bottom