First watercooling venture in Fractal R6.

Soldato
OP
Got there after many hours work.

My first ever attempt at watercooling.

Hard tubing was a learning experience, im happy with the bends after a few revisions!

Lots of issues with pastels which to be fair @Mayhems have been brilliant about. I'm running clear liquid at the moment and to be honest I quite like it!

Still got the RGB strip to replace on the res when it arrives.

1cdIth5.jpg

Soldato
OP
Looks stunning mate. I bet it looks even better in person. The camera never quite captures the lighting as well.

Cheers mate, i'm happy with it now.

I redid every bend apart from the straight part from the top rad to the front rad, i definitely got better with more practice.

The barrow bending tool made such a difference.

I'll take more pics when I get 5.

Soldato
OP
Sold the GPU now so I'm currently just running with the CPU connected to the loop.

I have however connected an EK XE 360 radiator to the loop externally as a bit of a ghetto project.

Liquid temperatures don't budge from 30 degrees.

Once the 3080ti is released I'll add a GPU back into the loop and see if i can make the hose routing for the external rad a bit prettier on the eye.

Soldato
Sold the GPU now so I'm currently just running with the CPU connected to the loop.

I have however connected an EK XE 360 radiator to the loop externally as a bit of a ghetto project.

Liquid temperatures don't budge from 30 degrees.

Once the 3080ti is released I'll add a GPU back into the loop and see if i can make the hose routing for the external rad a bit prettier on the eye.

Sounds awesome, I've always wanted to do this, and toyed with the idea for my cupboard build, with QDCs (highly recommended for external setups!). But don't think I will.

AquaComputer do a fab little PCI-E passthrough, as well as some awesome external rads & accessories. I'm a big fan of their kit.

Got any pics, and what fans did you use?

Soldato
OP
Sounds awesome, I've always wanted to do this, and toyed with the idea for my cupboard build, with QDCs (highly recommended for external setups!). But don't think I will.

AquaComputer do a fab little PCI-E passthrough, as well as some awesome external rads & accessories. I'm a big fan of their kit.

Got any pics, and what fans did you use?

I'm still waiting for my QDC's to arrive, but currently the hoses are going out of one of the PCI slots for the vertical GPU mount on the Fractal R6.

I'm using an EK XE360 & 6 x EK Vardar fans.

I did look at the aquacomputer PCI passthrough but it was so expensivew for what it was.

I'm going to leave it as soft tubing unill i get the 3080 Ti then i'll hardline everything inside the case, but continue to use flexi on the exterior.

I might even make an enclosure for the rad at some point.

This would be a great option for a small form factor build, having all the rads externally.

Last edited:
Associate
Love what you have done there dude. Clear liquid hard tubing looks the biz and the temps sound pretty neat too.

I fancy the project as well and willing to jump right in with hard tubing, as much as I might regret it, but the thing I keep questioning is how much of a pain it becomes to remove something. Is it a total pain in the butt or worth the effort?

Soldato
OP
Love what you have done there dude. Clear liquid hard tubing looks the biz and the temps sound pretty neat too.

I fancy the project as well and willing to jump right in with hard tubing, as much as I might regret it, but the thing I keep questioning is how much of a pain it becomes to remove something. Is it a total pain in the butt or worth the effort?

Hardline looks much better that flexi in my opinion, but the amount of work to build a loop goes up a notch.

Component removal and replacement is also more difficult, especially with a distro plate etc.

However, in my case once the new GPU is in I can't see a reason i'd want to drain the loop again for a long time apart from maintaining the loop.

Associate
Yeah, I feel the same but then I think that flexi might allow me to take stuff in and out more easily. Yours really does look good tho, I just don't want there to be a big effort obstacle and right now my h115i AIO is starting to gurgle and generally just be a bit less effective and so I want to replace with an upgrade if I can't service it (which doesn't looks easy).

Back
Top Bottom