1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First watercooling venture in Fractal R6.

Discussion in 'Watercooling' started by Too Tall, May 3, 2020.

1. sparkymark75

Mobster

Tightened the CPU block a bit more and now getting mid 50s. Not sure how much above ambient my water is but I'm going for quiet rather than cool.

2. Too Tall

Wise Guy

Got there after many hours work.

My first ever attempt at watercooling.

Hard tubing was a learning experience, im happy with the bends after a few revisions!

Lots of issues with pastels which to be fair @Mayhems have been brilliant about. I'm running clear liquid at the moment and to be honest I quite like it!

Still got the RGB strip to replace on the res when it arrives.

[​IMG]

3. sparkymark75

Mobster

Looks stunning mate. I bet it looks even better in person. The camera never quite captures the lighting as well.

4. Too Tall

Wise Guy

Cheers mate, i'm happy with it now.

I redid every bend apart from the straight part from the top rad to the front rad, i definitely got better with more practice.

The barrow bending tool made such a difference.

I'll take more pics when I get 5.

5. Too Tall

Wise Guy

Sold the GPU now so I'm currently just running with the CPU connected to the loop.

I have however connected an EK XE 360 radiator to the loop externally as a bit of a ghetto project.

Liquid temperatures don't budge from 30 degrees.

Once the 3080ti is released I'll add a GPU back into the loop and see if i can make the hose routing for the external rad a bit prettier on the eye.

6. WantoN

Capodecina

Sounds awesome, I've always wanted to do this, and toyed with the idea for my cupboard build, with QDCs (highly recommended for external setups!). But don't think I will.

AquaComputer do a fab little PCI-E passthrough, as well as some awesome external rads & accessories. I'm a big fan of their kit.

Got any pics, and what fans did you use?

7. Too Tall

Wise Guy

I'm still waiting for my QDC's to arrive, but currently the hoses are going out of one of the PCI slots for the vertical GPU mount on the Fractal R6.

I'm using an EK XE360 & 6 x EK Vardar fans.

I did look at the aquacomputer PCI passthrough but it was so expensivew for what it was.

I'm going to leave it as soft tubiong till i get the 3080 Ti then i'll hardline everything inside the case, but continue to use flexi on the exterior.

I might even make an enclosure for the rad at some point.

This would be a great option for a small form factor build, having all the rads externally.