Fishing - Anybody doing any ?

Soldato
So I’ve decided to embark on a new fishing venture and I’ll be travelling to the middle of nowhere sometime next year .

I’ll let you guys guess what I’m upto but I’ve been slowly collecting gear , I’ll blog it here when it happens but it could be the angling trip of a lifetime

Tell you what , the yanks know how to make a rod and the South Africans a reel .

Last edited:
Associate
First 2 days fishing this year.
Both days were very similar, really quiet all day until around 3pm, then the fish started to feed.
Floating bread is my favouraite way for carp.
Caught 7 or 8 off the top over those 2 days.
Nothing big mind, largest was only 8lb......but they give a good fight.
Only using 6lb main line - got snapped 3 times.

Last edited:
Permabanned
It's funny you say this about fishing after 3pm. I was at a match on Sunday and it didn't fish well but then someone went in the afternoon on a peg where someone blanked and they caught. I have a match tomorrow night on same lake so will see.

Associate
I find this is usually the case early in the season.
As the weather warms up the water they start to feed early morning, the again late afternoon onwards.
I should remember this and no go too early at this time of year lol

Associate
Funny you say that, my dad just purchased one yesterday as well. £184 from Angling Direct with 2x top kits.

Yeah they are meant to be decent for what they are. Mine is the 8.5m but you can get an extension piece that makes it 10m. Im just dipping my toe in the water with pole fishing and apparently this is a good starting point.

Ive got my seat box and my roller all i need is a sock and a few floats and im good to go.

Back
Top Bottom