Flamingo Land!!!!

Permabanned
wombleboy05 said:
WHAT I GO NEARLY EVERY YEAR AND THEY ARE THE BEST RIDES

Do you want one of these perhaps?

megaphone4mo.jpg

Soldato
OP
they have went to a new home. i guess they just sign a contract for so many years and keep re-newing rides... but the topgun, bullet and magnum force were kind of signature rides of Flamingoland. :mad: now there gone. dont know how much fun it will be now

Caporegime
sorry for necro but i went to flamingo land today for a treat for our kids 6th birthday (which happens next week)

and wow what a shocker the place is crap ,the staff are a misreable bunch the rides all look ancient and the place is like walking into the 70's.

the food and drinks are overpriced and crap!

i bought a chicken burger meal that came with fries and a small cola for 4.95 !

it came on a brown bun WTF? it wasnt actually a chicken burger inside the bun it was a tiny chicken breast that managed to cover only half the bun WTF?

the fries were worse than mcdonalds and the drink tasted like 15p cola !

the zoo areas was crap with most of the animal pens empty lol....

only good thing was the sea lion show. thankfuly my kid still had a lot of fun on the rides.

i used to think the american adventure theme park was bad but after visiting flamingo land......

cost £82 for a family ticket (small discount if you buy online and print your own tickets) which imo is way to much for how small the place is!

our yearly fair the "hoppins" has atleast 3x as many rides as flamingo land lol

btw on the pirate ship some people took to waiting instead of going on so they could sit at the front or back and the attendant actually said "if you dont want to get on you can **** off" infront of loads of kids i was speechless!

Last edited:
Associate
We go to Flamingoland regularly. The only empty enclosure I'm aware of is where the Lynx used to be next to the Tigers. Most animals hide out in the shade when it's hot you know ;)
Food outlets are pretty poor nowadays, they are all now staffed by eastern europeans who seem to have little ability of the english language and less when it comes to cooking food.
The Bullet went to Pleasure Island and was replaced by Kumali, a much better ride. I think Top Gun went there as well. Thunder Mountain went around 5 years ago to make space for the loops on the motorcycle ride Velocity. Magnum Force never reopened after a park worker was struck by the cars and killed after venturing onto the track whilst the ride was being tested during close season a couple of years back.

Soldato
Last time I went must have been 10 years or so ago. Is is the park that used to have a big wooden rollercoaster? I remember me and my sister bought our tickets and then just kept going back on with the same ticket as the attendant couldn't be arsed to punch it lol.

IIRC that was also the only ride worth going on at the time.

Caporegime
We go to Flamingoland regularly. The only empty enclosure I'm aware of is where the Lynx used to be next to the Tigers. Most animals hide out in the shade when it's hot you know ;)
Food outlets are pretty poor nowadays, they are all now staffed by eastern europeans who seem to have little ability of the english language and less when it comes to cooking food.
The Bullet went to Pleasure Island and was replaced by Kumali, a much better ride. I think Top Gun went there as well. Thunder Mountain went around 5 years ago to make space for the loops on the motorcycle ride Velocity. Magnum Force never reopened after a park worker was struck by the cars and killed after venturing onto the track whilst the ride was being tested during close season a couple of years back.

i know but when you go to somewhere like chester zoo and the only enclosure you cant see anything in is the spectacled bears you expect to actually see animal especially when they dont have many to begin with.

i went on kumali and thought it was rubbish the ride is over in about 15 seconds , theres no loss of gravity on the loops or any stomach churning moment so it just seemed "meh"

mumbo jumbo looked like it could be fun but i wasnt prepared to wait 90minutes to find out.

most of the other rides are just "meh" you can go on at traveling fairs

Soldato
yea it went downhill years ago when they sold all the rides

if you like animals it may still be ok

i remember going on school trips as a kid. baboons throwing turds everywhere. excellent

Caporegime
yea it went downhill years ago when they sold all the rides

if you like animals it may still be ok

i remember going on school trips as a kid. baboons throwing turds everywhere. excellent
its not all that far from chesterzoo though which is about 10x the size of flamingo land and only filled with animals :p

probably cheaper aswell

Soldato
Last time I went must have been 10 years or so ago. Is is the park that used to have a big wooden rollercoaster? I remember me and my sister bought our tickets and then just kept going back on with the same ticket as the attendant couldn't be arsed to punch it lol.

IIRC that was also the only ride worth going on at the time.

Lightwater valley your thinking of ;)

Back
Top Bottom