1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flickr bought out by smugmug

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by Luke, Apr 21, 2018.

1. The_Abyss

Capodecina

Not very helpful but I’m just stopping altogether. I haven’t uploaded anything meaningful up there for a while and I don’t really know why I would want to any longer - I’m only shooting as a hobby.

2. robj20

Soldato

500px used to alright.

3. And

Hitman

I'm quite happy to use flickr for sharing/showcasing my images and upgraded from free to pro to retain that. I don't use it as a backup facility.

4. shadow_boxer

Sgarrista

So after a bit of researching I think I may go to One Drive for storage/backup. The main thing I liked was sharing photos of my little one with my parents through Flickr.

5. Luke

Soldato

With the 1000 photo limit being imposed next week, where have people gone from Flickr?

6. GiraffePencils

Mobster

I've gone to google drive
    I have to say I've hated the way Flickr have returned my data to me. Going to have to spend days re-organising it

7. GSXRMovistar

Sgarrista

I'm still happy with the Flickr service and renewed my subscription recently although that did prompt me to remove the auto renew option as I want to change the card for future payments.

What I don't appreciate is now that I have removed my card various sections within the site state 'You are in danger of losing your Pro account' even though I've just paid up for two years. Fine if I was close to the renewal but 2 whole years is a bit of a snub to paying members.

8. Energize

Caporegime

Flickr should not be considered a backup drive and I am surprised people use it as such. Something like OneDrive or Google Drive would be an appropriate cloud backup solution.

9. Admiral Huddy

Don

I've switched to this yesterday.. Not happy with the Flickr situation, the company is fully self funding on advertising so this is nothing more than jumping on a subscription based bandwagon that's the growing trend at the moment.

10. robj20

Soldato

I've started using it again now. The community seems very active which is great. Looks like I won't miss Flickr.
    What's your name on there?

11. Admiral Huddy

Don

@pghphotography

12. robj20

Soldato

Added.

13. Admiral Huddy

Don

Likewise buddy