Folding@Home News - 5th November - 12 November 2010

Soldato
Cheers, I've got the MSI cyclone 460s anyway so would probably just get another one of those in case they do all end up in the same case, they'd look nice and neat :D

Ahh sorry my bad, didn't realise or err read that you had some already.

Just installed mine.... are you fermi guys using the "-forcegpu nvidia_fermi" flag?

Soldato
Not sure what is going on to be honest, it is a very odd. Never had a problem with mixing GTX295s and GTX260s, both using the forcegpu nvidia_g80 flag. Using it for the GTX460 as well with nvidia_fermi instead.

It is just one of the two GTX260s having the problem, the other is fine. I'll reseat the cards tomorrow, but considering I didn't unscrew them or anything I can't see it being the cause. All the connectors seem tightly in place, so maybe it is the new drivers.

Error is:

CoreSatus = 63 (99)
+ Error starting Folding@home core.

Soldato
Think I may have found part of the problem. For some strange reason windows through CMD sees the GTX460 as -gpu 2 where as MSI Afterburner and its placement on the motherboard means it should be -gpu 0.

Man of Honour
ok the only thing that really knows what GPU x is correct is CUDAZ download that and it will give you an accurate represention of which GPU number is which

Soldato
Well it appears that was the issue, after messing around with the -gpu flag values and watching the usage graph on MSI Afterburner I was able to work out which was which. Guess the GTX260 that was failing to start was down to the -forcegpu nvidia_fermi flag.

I'll take a look at CUDA-Z, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom