Folding@Home News - Attention Single-Machine Crunchers

Soldato
Single machine here... although there might be a record in the past 7 days of me using another machine, i gave up at home, can't keep it running overnight, while my work machine (although not exactly brilliant with a 2600 Sempron, but works) is on 24/7 :D

Soldato
good to have you with us liquidfox - you don't need to have your home rig on 24/7 to run the standard clients as the deadlines are well over 60 days.

It's only the uber points smp units that need at least 16h+ a day crunching to meet the deadlines confortably

Last edited:
Soldato
good to have you with us liquidfox - you don't need to have your home rig on 24/7 to run the standard clients as the deadlines are well over 60 days.

It's only the uber points smp units that need at least 16h+ a day crunching to meet the deadlines confortably

I've got a E6600 at home, but the SMP client doesn't want to fetch any work, neither does the single core for that matter... think there's something iffy there.

Anyhoo, the only time i go on my PC is when i'm gaming, so i can't really run the SMP client anyhoo... I might give the normal version another go, am i allowed to have it under another name and still be classed as a single machine user?

Back
Top Bottom