Folding@Home News - Attention Single-Machine Crunchers

Associate
A single GPU cruncher who joined Team 10, so please add me (Milky^).

The Quad is looking for things for mr Einstien, also mr Seti and sometimes Mr LHC, so the PC is maxed out some of the time...

Associate
going back to uni at the end of this week, then on a ski trip = 9 days folding for pc :) with uni funded leecy!
borrowing a second screen so client count wil be 4, 3gpu+smp. all still in one rig though - as sig.

hopefully 100k+ next week, page 1 here i come...;)

Last edited:
Associate
Just joined up too, not sure I've done it all correctly mind, I'm totally new to all this !

Been using my laptop sofar lol, but will get my main pc onto the job as soon as I'm back.

Soldato
OP
Right - we're way overdue for some newsy goodness, I've updated what I can - news will follow :)

Naudiz - what sort of machine/clients are you using?

Sipha - if you're using two machines soon/now there's probably no point in me adding you here, you will of course appear in the news anyway :)

Associate
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17538642

Have a read here bennyboy it can explain F@H a lot better than i can

The way i look at it is my pc is on 24/7 anyways so when im not personally using it it may as well do something constructive. im already paying the leccy bill for it running anyway.

There is also the healthy side of a little competition between folders to see who can produce the most and rise up the stats table.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have started folding for team 10 in the last week.

started with PS3 and laptop, then realised how pointless these were compared to my OC'd GTX260!

so now just running folding on the GPU only. :)

Soldato
I'm folding for team 10 as well. Only my desktop, as I cant see an eeepc being worth the effort compared.

#Is there a leaderboard of sorts for single machine people? I cant find one <-found

Folding as JonJ

Last edited:
Associate
Been folding for a couple of weeks... it says 2 processors right now and I'm not sure why... Folding on my E8400 with the non-smp client.

Registered in team 10 as SpiroTris.

Soldato
No longer single machine cruncher, brought an XP based media desktop online too.

Off to play with the people with hundreds of the damn things I suppose. Cheerio

Back
Top Bottom