Folding@Home Weekly Team News - 27th July 2006

Man of Honour
SiriusB said:
Good news everyone! With the awesome price of the 3700+ here at OcUK I have convinced my bro he needs to buy his computer NOW!

Should arrive Tuesday [assuming there are any 3700s left on Monday :p] and will hopefully be up and running by the evening. With a spot of luck there will be a long enough Cat5e cable waiting for me at a mates offices... an "offcut" - honest, guv :D

Mmm two machines crunching away :D

SiriusB

Bah - I'll never catch you now :(

Soldato
Freefaller said:
Bah - I'll never catch you now :(

I go away on Wednesday so there is no guarantee my rig will stay running for the week I am away - so there may be a chance for you to overtake.

Still, it wouldn't be long before I came back and give you a good English stomping but at least you'll have the pleasure of stomping me :D

SiriusB

Man of Honour
SiriusB said:
I go away on Wednesday so there is no guarantee my rig will stay running for the week I am away - so there may be a chance for you to overtake.

Still, it wouldn't be long before I came back and give you a good English stomping but at least you'll have the pleasure of stomping me :D

SiriusB

I should have more faith in myself....

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17606402

;)

Soldato
I just realised... i never removed my Ninja retention bracket when i sent my board back, which has been replaced. :o :eek:

Emailed the retailer, hopefully they haven't binned the old board yet!
Or would they have sent it back to asus? Hope not.

Associate
Just realised i'm top of the Singlecore league, chuffed tbh :D

I'm only running an Opty 146 on Asrock dual board with 2 gig of Geil Pc3200 and Freezer Pro cooling, o/c'ed to 2.6, can't seem to get it to go any higher, prolly need some faster memory ?
PC is on 24/7 though :p

Great news as per usual Rich sah !!

Associate
Congrats pmbuzz, looks like you beat me into second place of the single core league this week. Hmmm, maybe I can clock just a bit more... :D

Thanks for the great stats again Rich. :)

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Damn and blast.

Looks like another X2 has given up the ghost :mad:

I'm down to 7 clients now instead of 12 :(

Ironically, yesterday was my best day for about a week - managed to dump over 1300 points.

Let's hope no more turn up their toes before I get back.

Stan :)

Soldato
Anyone fancy speccing me an 805 bundle with a board that will overclock nicely and 1gb of basic ram for folding. Budget £200. Need lots of sata ports.

I could have got a dual Athlon mp 2800 bundle for that but i think the 805 bundle is better value, so thats what i'm after now.

Back
Top Bottom