Folding@Home Weekly Team News - 31st March 2006

Associate
I prefer not to run the large Folding WU's cause I can't guarantee that the computers will be on enough to complete the WU's by the deadline's cause I haven't been spending a lot of time at home recently and when I'm not there they all get shutdown, grrr.

I've also lent my 3200 to a friend and it'll mainly come on for games so there'll be no CPU time anyway for much else anyway. I'll get it back when I build the new dual core.

He he, I get fed up of ppl turning my PC's off; well "my" PC's. Technically I only own 3, but the other 2 might as well be mine... I have to look after them and I get shouted at when our ISP has troubles.

Hey the aliens might cure diseases...
If there nice...
and more technologically advanced than us...
or they might just come and destroy human life and take our planet...

>_<

Edit:
Oh Hell I'll move the
Athlon 64 3000 (1800mhz)
Athlon XP (1900mhz)
Athlon (1200mhz)
back over to Folding :p

Last edited:
Associate
oceaness said:
Hey the aliens might cure diseases...
If there nice...
and more technologically advanced than us...
or they might just come and destroy human life and take our planet...
or they might pretend to be nice and cure diseases, but really be wiping us out slowly.

Oh and before i forget, as its the easter hols my production will be pretty much nothing for the next couple of weeks :(

Man of Honour
Sorry guuys, I'm not crunching at the moment, just moved house no broadband or anything. So it'll be a few weeks before I'm crunching again :(.

Soldato
A.N.Other said:
@ Joe42 - Yer, I was having the same problems with the F@H servers - see the Distributed Computing main page for a post I did there. Everything seems to be back to normal now though. Wierd! :confused:
Yeah its sent it now.

Our team output is appaling, we only put out 4,000 points last update.

Associate
Does any know if you can run folding on an xbox that is running linux? Got a few xbox's in the flat and thinking about turning one of them into a mediacenter so it would be on all the time any one got any thoughts about this? I really need to get my output up!

Man of Honour
aceface57 said:
Does any know if you can run folding on an xbox that is running linux? Got a few xbox's in the flat and thinking about turning one of them into a mediacenter so it would be on all the time any one got any thoughts about this? I really need to get my output up!

your obsessed boy :p

Permabanned
Unfortunatly my output was low last week as my pc keeps crashing. I am having to stop folding on my main system as the crashes are getting worse and I don't want to risk breaking anything. I will still be folding but only on my XP 3000+. :(

Hopefully I can get it fixed by next week and will be folding again.

Associate
Next week my output will be right up again as i will be back in the country and have my two machines possibly another flat mates machine up and running again, also maybe the xbox ;)

Associate
Should be a good week for me this week.

Installed F@H on the Windows BDC at work, which is a Dual Xeon 3.06Ghz machine with 4 GB ram. So I have got 4 F@H processes running on it! Just don't tell anyone ;)

Once I have read the linux install guide I should have a couple more machines of the same spec running too. :)

Rick.

Man of Honour
Soldato
Ricko said:
Should be a good week for me this week.

Installed F@H on the Windows BDC at work, which is a Dual Xeon 3.06Ghz machine with 4 GB ram. So I have got 4 F@H processes running on it! Just don't tell anyone

Once I have read the linux install guide I should have a couple more machines of the same spec running too.

Rick.
:eek: :D :D :eek:
Sounds good to me!

Man of Honour
Soldato
It would be possible, I suppose but not very practical. The stats output from Stanford does not include the active CPU count for each user. That info is just found on each user's page. Rick would possibly have to open up hundreds of user pages and check to see who's got one active CPU. Though it might be possible to make a bot that does this, it is against the rules to crawl the CGI pages and doing so will result in an IP ban.

GT3

GT3

Soldato
Oh right, was just an idea. IIRC with the seti stats, we had to have our name added to a list if we used a single machine and then the weekly list was made from that.

Also, I reckon my pc will be doing about 1200 points a week, does this sound ok from an Athlon XP machine?

Back
Top Bottom