Folding@Home Weekly Team News - 31st May 2007

Soldato
OP
shadowscotland said:
Thanks for the news rich, I think red is a little too dominant for the subteam, how about an orange? (edit: or even a lemon ;) )
How did your numbers compair againest kakao's 7day 'rolling' total, ment to take a screenie but forgot last night :o
Yup I forgot too :p

It's no real problem for a few sub-teams anyway - if it takes off in a big way I would probably cheat then :p

I'll try out orange in a mo - think you're right about red being a bit too striking for that

Soldato
rich99million said:
It's no real problem for a few sub-teams anyway - if it takes off in a big way I would probably cheat then :p
I was actually thinking that you lifted the whole list - so that it does the 7day production total for you here

the 'Team summery' page gives you team 7day total and parp/stomp data (in same time period) as well as a tiffy listhere

and 'Team Members' filtered by 7days give stomps but I'd stick with EOC here as kakao works on new/old position not change in position.

rich99million said:
I'll try out orange in a mo - think you're right about red being a bit too striking for that
Happy to help - I for one know first hand how much work is involved and its greatly appreciated :cool:

Associate
Thanks Mr Millions, sah, for yr efforts.
Note to self don't increase yr o/c when you are at frame 88 of a 1760 pointer - seemed stable but crashed in the night losing 2 days prod.:(

General observation VMware/EE run 1523 OK but at same clocks crashed after 5 frames on a 1760 error text messages not available:confused: Any illuminating thoughts?

Soldato
OP
shadowscotland said:
I was actually thinking that you lifted the whole list - so that it does the 7day production total for you here

the 'Team summery' page gives you team 7day total and parp/stomp data (in same time period) as well as a tiffy listhere

and 'Team Members' filtered by 7days give stomps but I'd stick with EOC here as kakao works on new/old position not change in position.
There is definitely some very good information there which may make the news easier to write, though I think I'd want to clear it with the owner first. I do currently use some information from EOC but only the small section near the top of the news for the team overtakes information and our team output ranking - plus it's reworked rather than just straight copied so have never seen the need to do more than just credit the source. I wouldn't think it would be a problem since we're all fighting for the same cause though you never know.

Certainly if I ever get completely fed up with writing the news as it is currently the kakao stats would give some good alternatives, whether it would be lifting some of the data to make writing this news easier or saving the pages at a particular time each week and hosting them elsewhere so everyone could comment here on the same information.

ps. Just installed the Firefox dictionary and it turns out I've been spelling "definitely" wrong for at least the last few years :eek: :p
lol - at the urban dictionary entries for "definately" :D
That place is great for making you feel like an emmense pillock :o

Associate
I'm coming back onboard for a while.

I will be revising lots over the next few weeks so I'm putting FAH on all my machines.

3700 Sandy @ 2.7GHz
T5500 Laptop
old dell laptop 266MHz
and
The SQN's server, 2.2GHz Dual Xeons IIRC...

I'll see how it goes, I'm off down to SQN tonight to do some tinkering at band practice.

Associate
mattbrown91 said:
I'm coming back onboard for a while.

Good to hear :) . Don't bother with that 266 though it won't meet the deadlines. I have tried folding with a 1ghz p3 and even that is not worth it.

Does your sig need updating to say '3700'? Looks like you snapped up one of those uber cheapy 3700s to replace your 3000 :D

Don
shadowscotland said:
no point on the dell laptop (to slow) but welcome to the fold - read the sticky (a few new developments - Windows smp on the server) and if you need any help just start a thread :)

Thought it would be ok if he used Wu without a deadline??

Stelly

Associate
I'm only using one of the cores on the quicker laptop so it is still useable.

Yeah, I killed off the dell, it is truely useless. It's currently acting as a fileserver for me.

I'm only going to use one of the cores on the Server down at sqn. Otherwise I'll get wrong. There is only myself and Rowan on the IT Team so it is unlikely that anyone else will check the processes running.

I might get away with running one on one core at 100% and one on the other core at 50%.

What would be the easiest way of getting the data from that onto my FAHMon at home ?
Create a VPN and map a network drive ?

Last edited:
Soldato
Project : 2604
Core : Gromacs SMP
Frames : 2
Credit : 1760

-- //james-desktop/james/folding2/FAH/ --

Min. Time / Frame : 23mn 08s - 54778.10 ppd
Avg. Time / Frame : 23mn 08s - 54778.10 ppd

Yea, im liking that!

lol

Soldato
Concorde Rules said:

Yea, im liking that!

lol
Follow the instructions at the bottom of this page to manually update your fahmon SMP projects, that WU is reporting 2 frames and is actually 100.

Soldato
OP
Concorde Rules said:

Yea, im liking that!

lol
lol that old chestnut - I've mended mine at some point and since I've not had another I can't break it again :( :p

Soldato
but they updated the psummery file to fix it about a month ago :confused:

Just checked and the official psummery file is correct.
What/where is your fahmon looking at - as it can't be the default. (or if it is you need to download new projects)

Back
Top Bottom