Core : Gromacs SMP
Frames : 2
Credit : 1760

-- //james-desktop/james/folding2/FAH/ --

Min. Time / Frame : 23mn 08s - 54778.10 ppd
Avg. Time / Frame : 23mn 08s - 54778.10 ppd

Yea, im liking that!

lol

good grief 1760 pointer.. gahhh one day when i grow up i wanna be allotted one of them ;)

Soldato
Project : 2651
Core : Gromacs SMP
Frames : 100
Credit : 1760

-- WinSMP --

Min. Time / Frame : 11mn 01s - 2300.51 ppd
Avg. Time / Frame : 12mn 20s - 2054.92 ppd

Much better.

But if im doing 2k PPD, 7 days = 14k.

Where have I lost 48 hours of folding :/

Last 2 weeks CPU has been idle for 6 hours, on a dual core...

Soldato
not a bad week for me - inside the top 50 after changing from the standard client to the winSMP one.

Also just broke into page 2 of the stats!!!! whooo inside the top 200 :) :)

Associate
My hiper psu bit the dust this week.

Had to got to a much weaker FSP power supply, dont think the voltages are stable enough for me at full tilt folding.

So with great sadness im putting my one and only rig on hiatus. I guess i'll have to get down to some serious borging.

Associate
I can throw some cheap Corsair Value DDR2 667, 2 x 1Gb in a jiffy bag on Monday, send 'em back when you have the replacements.

We'll have none of these excuses......

Email in Trust.

Cob

Cob

Soldato
That's a very kind offer, dude :)

But I've a gig of pc5300 here atm, so I'll try to run a single SMP client til i get my replacements before the end of the week. Crucials RMA service is awesome. They replaced my previous pairs in just over a week, even though Easter was stuck in the middle.

Soldato
booyaka said:
not a bad week for me - inside the top 50 after changing from the standard client to the winSMP one.

Also just broke into page 2 of the stats!!!! whooo inside the top 200 :) :)

rampaging up the leaderboard!!! up another 9 places!!

Sorry for the not warning of the impending stomp LigerZer!!!

Man of Honour
Soldato
Cob said:
Erm how do I add flags to the Windows SMP client? I need to add -oneunit and -forceasm.
When you're starting it you're currently doing something like this:
cd C:\fold
fah.exe

That changes to the appropriate directory then runs th program fah.exe. To add flags simply insert them after the executable. Something like this:
fah.exe -verbosity 9 -forceasm -oneunit

Soldato
BillytheImpaler said:
When you're starting it you're currently doing something like this:
fah.exe

That changes to the appropriate directory then runs th program fah.exe. To add flags simply insert them after the executable. Something like this:
fah.exe -verbosity 9 -forceasm -oneunit

do you need to do this? i run the SMP client and haven't added the flags :confused:

Cob

Cob

Soldato
I've just added -oneunit to the end of the Target in the fah.exe's shortcuts Properties. It's done the trick.

I was reading somewhere that Uncle Fungus said that the Windows SMP client doesn't need the -forceasm flag.

Also how do I close the console window without shutting down the client?

Man of Honour
Soldato
It doesn't need it becasue the SMP client CAN'T run without SIMD optimizations. He said it doesn't hurt to use it anyway and there's no harm in it so I use it. Rich has a program that is able to take open windows and minimize them to the system tray but I can't find it for the life of me ATM.

EDIT: Bingo!
Mattus said:
A semi-relevant heads-up to those using WinSMP: Winboss Classic. Simple app, low memory usage, allows you to minimise any application to the system tray and its tray icon shows CPU usage so you know if your client has thrown a fit again.

Soldato
OP
Cob said:
****** I hate the Win SMP client :mad:

*lobs pooter out the window
me too - though firstly the CM stacker is too heavy to be lobbing anywhere and secondly I don't think it'll fit out of any of the windows in this cottage :p :D

seriously though the winSMP client is evil, the fact it works at all points at the fact somebody at Stanford had to sell their soul to make it even possible :o

Back
Top Bottom