Folding@Home Weekly Team News - 8th March 2007

MGP

MGP

Soldato
All I can say is well done guys. The lack of the secretaries has really told on my output. Doesn't help that I can't run the SMP client on this C2D as I need windoze, and the GPU client also threw a wobbly with the an incompatible driver version that I needed for games and stuff. Time to start packing my bags as I;ll get stomped soon :(

Soldato
OP
MGP said:
All I can say is well done guys. The lack of the secretaries has really told on my output. Doesn't help that I can't run the SMP client on this C2D as I need windoze, and the GPU client also threw a wobbly with the an incompatible driver version that I needed for games and stuff. Time to start packing my bags as I;ll get stomped soon :(
What card and what driver? The 7.2 drivers are meant to work fine with folding - though with no noticeable increase in folding performance hence I've not bothered with them myself

Soldato
OP
rich99million said:
Bah you just sold your soul to the Intel devil... again!!!
I don't have a chance whatever I can muster up :D

I could set up a small datacentre in my loft and you'd stay at least 50PPD ahead of me :o

see... told you:

Code:
T.Rank  P.Rank  Name  	       24hr Avg
10  	1,506  	_Berserker_  	  1,468
11 	1,560 	rich99million 	  1,410

I swear you just sit and watch my output Mr. B :p

Soldato
MGP said:

vmware.

See the SMP Guide thread for my SMP Guide [and the errors found so far :p]

Associate
Thanks for the news.

Bit of a dip in production for me this week. I've been off work for a few days & have spent far too much time playing games, which has slowed my SMP output a bit. My home server picked up a 1498 WU and has spent the last 8 and a bit days crunching through it at a whopping 85 ppd, so that hasn't dumped a single WU this week. Also when I finished work last Weds I left 5 borgs running but it looks like only 1 of them has dumped anything this week. :(

Back to work on Monday so production should be back up a bit next week. At least I've got myself a shiny new tiffy since the news update. :D

cert.php

Soldato
As the man above said - welcome good sir *tips hat*

Edit: any one else with a C2D not running the SMP?
or is it just me :o
Only asking as their lots of these about at present :D (alturnative to GPU client too I guess)

Project : 2606
Core : Gromacs
Frames : 100
Credit : 292

-- core 1 --

Min. Time / Frame : 4mn 40s - 901.03 ppd
Avg. Time / Frame : 5mn 11s - 811.22 ppd

-- Core 2 --

Min. Time / Frame : 5mn 20s - 788.40 ppd
Avg. Time / Frame : 5mn 24s - 778.67 ppd

Last edited:
Soldato
shadowscotland said:
I think your'll find that 900+800=>your AMD@SMP :D
but got two 2124's now so back to 200+200= :(
Good point, well made :)

Still, it's more consistently good for points. I've only had these 1760 pointers for ages now, really good :)

Soldato
It seems after many months of bad WUs there are finally some good ones again... my output is getting 3 times higher as a result, as most of my cores move from 100ppd to 300ppd. :)

Back
Top Bottom