Food you remember from the 80s

I seem to be the only one of my friends that remembers Logger. A bar of chocolate characterised by having a pattern akin to a tree trunk.
I miss McDonalds Root Beer though.

Not sure if there were about in the 80s, but certainly first half of the 90s

Brannigans beef and mustard crisps. I found them in Poundland 2 or 3 years ago, after not seeing them for years, but they've gone from there now too.
Yes ! And the smoked ham and pickle flavour are incredible. They’re still available in my local sweet shop.

I seem to be the only one of my friends that remembers Logger. A bar of chocolate characterised by having a pattern akin to a tree trunk.
I miss McDonalds Root Beer though.

I remember the advert. Wasn't a fan of the chocolate.

A Terry's chocolate bar. Got chunks and hunks of Terry's taste. A better bar by far.

He's got a logger bar he's alright let's hope he gives us all a bite

0357b43409e5d67c014b75e30f5c75f9--sweet-desserts-night-snacks.jpg

3-14.jpg

9d3a3486f4e9c6a11ab793d0c7e2cf47--retro-sweets-retro-food.jpg

Mouse in the Freezer section. Came in stacked bags of 8 or so. I prefered the Mint version

N3TlajJ.jpg

Vesta Beef Risotto. Solid sustinance for a student. I keep my eyes peeled in supermarkets for this and occasionally spot Vesta Beef Curry or Chow Mein but the Risotto seems to have have been discontinued :(

5kr00W2.jpg

Oh yeah, my mum bought us those super mousse quite often, very nice.
And beef risotto was a favourite of mine, I used to buy those quite often. Yeah, I struggled to find it, I think it can be bought online at one or two places.

Abbey crunch - genuinely disappeared RIP.
Golden Nuggets ... original incarnation were large pillows, doubt new ones taste the same.

Hah yeah, I remember Abbey Crunch. Weren't they a bit like hobnobs?
I've got a box of Golden Nuggets. Absolutely rubbish now, nothing like as good as they were when I was a kid eating them in the 70s. Obviously our tastebuds change but these are definitely not the same recipe.

Jamboree bags
Everlasting toffee strip
Texan bar
Ice breaker bar
Coconut tobacco
Jublee ice

I remember these, and I used to get Jamboree bags, they were great fun.

Toffee Yoyos! Used to LOVE those.

Here's a bunch of oldies I remember, a lot of them from the 70s. Anyone remember Bar Six and Aztec bars? :)

Aztec bar
Mintola (like Munchies but with mint fondant centres)
Cadburys BarSix
Cabana
Macintosh's Golden Cup
Cadburys Golden Crisp
Galaxy Counters
Frys Five Centres
Treets (now M&Ms)
Cadbury Amazin' Raisin bar
Suchard Milka
Terrys Bitz
Tiffin

- Cheese Moments (nowhere seems to sell these anymore)
- Quattro fizzy drink
- Cadbury's Creme eggs the size of chicken eggs and not hummingbird eggs
- Little greenish-black, aniseed-flavoured gummy worms. Not seen these in about 30 years, but they were awesome.

- Cheese Moments (nowhere seems to sell these anymore)
- Quattro fizzy drink
- Cadbury's Creme eggs the size of chicken eggs and not hummingbird eggs
- Little greenish-black, aniseed-flavoured gummy worms. Not seen these in about 30 years, but they were awesome.

I bought a card stacked full of cheesy moments and bacon fries from Amazon last Christmas

Birds Eye Chicklets

Gino Ginelli Ice Cream - I only found an advert from the 90s, almost certain it was sold in the late 80s. My mom used to get it regularly from the Birds Eyes own shop where she worked in Grimsby when they had a factory here.

Back
Top Bottom