Food you remember from the 80s

Smiths bovril flavour crisps were amazing. Also tudor gammon crisps. Those two have never been replicated properly since they went out of production.

Someone mentioned wham bars and there was something special about them, the most popular item at the swimming bath vending machine.

Wham bars are nothing like they used to be :(

they used to be wider and were quite brittle, and a lot more sour

That's how I remember them too, had little multi-coloured nuggets of something. I maybe only had two in my entire life but it stuck in my mind since.

Remember when it came in a bottle wrapped in that orange crinkly plastic?

FB-IMG-1548449857909.jpg

Yep or glass? :p

Last edited:
Quosh cordial, those wonderful bright blue, green and strawberry flavours.

80's Sodastream flavours, when Schweppes bought them out they did an amazing range of concentrates.

Birds eye Supermousse, Munch Bunch ice polls!!

And the demise of Fruit Toffos was tragic.

Quosh cordial, those wonderful bright blue, green and strawberry flavours.

80's Sodastream flavours, when Schweppes bought them out they did an amazing range of concentrates.

Birds eye Supermousse, Munch Bunch ice polls!!

And the demise of Fruit Toffos was tragic.

Actually yeah, it probably was the birds eye super mousses I remember. Were they frozen? Usually in packs of 6 or so and they were normally a flavour like raspberry ripple :)

Neapolitan ice-cream in the correct green, white & red Italian Flag colours, not the brown, white-ish & pink as usually found today.
For anybody who spent time in Cyprus in the '50s- Keo Vita soda pop. Bought-out by Coca-Cola and thus lost to civilisation.
(Spelling edit)

just remembered about the Tennage Mutant Ninja Turtles Pizzas. possibly in to the ninties again but there were some seriously whack flavours

I never tried one because I never liked pizza back then but I remember they were different to other pizza!

Back
Top Bottom