Football and the Coronavirus

Caporegime
And therefore Liverpool should not be awarded the title when another team can still win it.

The whole thing should be null and void.

There would be riots in Liverpool. :p

I feel kind of sorry for Liverpool fans, even though they were romping away with the league and it's nailed on that they would have gone on to win it, it's got to feel a little hollow having waited all those years for the league title and then being deprived of winning a normal season.

Don
There would be riots in Liverpool. :p

I feel kind of sorry for Liverpool fans, even though they were romping away with the league and it's nailed on that they would have gone on to win it, it's got to feel a little hollow having waited all those years for the league title and then being deprived of winning a normal season.
The end of this season will be played behind closed doors and it's very possible that we could even start next season in the same way. Imagine the reaction when the trophy is finally presented to the fans, whether that be in or outside the stadium, having been in lockdown for months. I think even you and rob will be cheering along.

Soldato
The end of this season will be played behind closed doors and it's very possible that we could even start next season in the same way. Imagine the reaction when the trophy is finally presented to the fans, whether that be in or outside the stadium, having been in lockdown for months. I think even you and rob will be cheering along.
Na only Liverpool fan's will be cheering lol

Soldato
I can't see how the season is "voided", when you consider that there will still be payouts (and there will be payouts to stave off the likelihood litigation and the PLs nightmare spectre of a brakeaway super league) and European places given for final positions, otherwise we forgo UEFA competitions next season.

The choice is between finalising the leagues as is (with optional suspension of relegation and promotion and suitable compensation) or finishing the fixtures.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I'm just really sure that Liverpool would have choked and handed the title to City if the season continued so I don't think we could give it to Liverpool with a clean conscience. Only reason.

Don
Yep. I wonder if the hope is that they can sell the remaining games that weren't planned to be televised to make up for the lost matchday revenue and or help bail out lower leagues.

There's reports of the lower Scottish Leagues ending their season early with points per game being used to determine the final standings. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a lot of lower leagues across Europe do this. Matchday revenue makes up a big amount of their income so concluding the season behind closed doors doesn't solve their financial problems. They're going to rely on the top Leagues in their country being finished and hope for a handout.

Soldato
Anyone see mourinho holding a training session with ndombele, Sessegnon, Juan Foyth and Davinson Sanchez in a London park?

what an absolute idiot :mad:

Last edited:
Caporegime
All hospital admissions will be tested, regardless of why they're there.

Not sure why he was self isolating if he was showing no symptoms but the fact he's now been admitted for an 'infection' is concerning tbh.

Soldato
I'm just really sure that Liverpool would have choked and handed the title to City if the season continued so I don't think we could give it to Liverpool with a clean conscience. Only reason.
So true, its happened many times in recent memory, high probability of it happening again. A premier league title is something you earn, you cant be gifted it.

Don
All hospital admissions will be tested, regardless of why they're there.

Not sure why he was self isolating if he was showing no symptoms but the fact he's now been admitted for an 'infection' is concerning tbh.
Possibly due to other medical conditions he had making him more at risk.

And @omnomnom symptoms can take several days to appear. Obviously it's a very good sign that he's not showing any and hopefully it stays that way.

Back
Top Bottom