Football Banter Thread

Don
I dunno, there's been a few times it's been pruned due to the posts not being considered "banter". Although maybe that's just due to them discussing on-going allegations.
It's definitely not just because some posts have discussed some things that can't be discussed. Unfortunately some people are terrified of starting a new thread and decide that they'll just post everything in here. This is meant for jokes or stupid bits of news, which tbf somebody from AFTV going to prison does fall under.

Soldato
It's definitely not just because some posts have discussed some things that can't be discussed. Unfortunately some people are terrified of starting a new thread and decide that they'll just post everything in here. This is meant for jokes or stupid bits of news, which tbf somebody from AFTV going to prison does fall under.
I’m terrified of you!!!! Hehe

Soldato
A friend of mine worked for a Mr Badcock. He insisted it be said BadCo but everyone who called in from outside would obviously default to the obvious pronunciation. Why he never changed it idk.

As for good enough, synonyms:
Ample
Average
Mean
Basically just about adequate
It'll do
Mediocre
Passable
Par
Common
Bog standard

If he changed it he'd have to pick something better than one of those

Don
Because the opposition player runs into Alisson after he's kicked the ball. Had Alisson been running at the opposition player when he attempted that clearance it would have been different.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Because the opposition player runs into Alisson after he's kicked the ball. Had Alisson been running at the opposition player when he attempted that clearance it would have been different.

Come on Baz, hes sprinting at full speed and Allison clears it with a reasonably high foot which then ends up at face level with studs showing. Thats dangerous.

Don
Come on Baz, hes sprinting at full speed and Allison clears it with a reasonably high foot which then ends up at face level with studs showing. Thats dangerous.
So what you're suggesting is any foot raised head height i therefore a red card because an opposition player could run into you? Alisson cannot control what the other player is doing and Alisson isn't traveling towards that player.

As I said, if you're traveling directly towards an opposition player and make a challenge like that then fair enough, it's dangerous but simply clearing a ball like that isn't.

fez

fez

Caporegime
So what you're suggesting is any foot raised head height i therefore a red card because an opposition player could run into you? Alisson cannot control what the other player is doing and Alisson isn't traveling towards that player.

As I said, if you're traveling directly towards an opposition player and make a challenge like that then fair enough, it's dangerous but simply clearing a ball like that isn't.

Pretty much. If you show your studs at face height when a player is challenging for the ball its dangerous. I'm not quite sure how it can be anything else.

Don
Pretty much. If you show your studs at face height when a player is challenging for the ball its dangerous. I'm not quite sure how it can be anything else.
Law makers and officials clearly don't share that view as otherwise we'd see 2 red cards per game.

Soldato
Latest Arsenal squad picture:

1-FKc-Nd-X9-WQAEVja-T.jpg

Caporegime
A friend of mine worked for a Mr Badcock. He insisted it be said BadCo but everyone who called in from outside would obviously default to the obvious pronunciation. Why he never changed it idk.

As for good enough, synonyms:
Ample
Average
Mean
Basically just about adequate
It'll do
Mediocre
Passable
Par
Common
Bog standard

If he changed it he'd have to pick something better than one of those

I worked with someone who surname was Minge. It was meant to be pronounced Min-gey but we all know how everyone pronounced it.

Back
Top Bottom