Football Banter Thread

Wasnt sure where to put this but i think this is really cool and certainly innovative

40k stadium thats essentially like flatpack and can be moved

Last edited:
My preferred sport will always be rugby, but I do watch a bit of football every now and then. I am being reminded very much of the quote:

"Football is 90 minutes of players pretending to be injured, rugby is 80 minutes of players pretending they're not."

The amount of diving and general rolling about is terrible. Surely VAR should be used to give our yellows for diving? That plus 10 minutes of the pitch would surely sort it out.

Last edited:
Just landed back from a five day trip to Qatar. Where we saw the England , Argentina and France games.

We were staying in one of the 'clusters' located about 30 mins outside Doha, and they were pretty basic. Two beds, one wardrobe, toilet and a shower with a communal kitchen shared between four apartments (a microwave and a sink).

With a few pop up markets (think Tesco Metro Size) on the camp, we had to eat out exclusively.

The Fan Zone was an absolute mess and crowd control was non existent, so taking my 13 year old son inside it was out of the question on the opening night.

However the organization, transportation, security and ticketing was fantastic and second to none at the games. Staff and organizers were everywhere and from all over the world (India, UK, US and Europe etc) and they fell over themselves to help fans.

Maybe we got lucky but the link between our Hayya cards and our tickets on the Fifa App was straight forward, and we were in the grounds within 10 mins (including security).

100% would have no concerns about going if England proceeded further in the tournament and I could get tickets.

Last edited:
The Brazilian football legend Pelé is receiving palliative care after chemotherapy treatment for colon cancer stopped having the expected results, it has been reported.

Pelé, 82, who is widely considered one of the greatest footballers of all time, was admitted to hospital on Tuesday to re-evaluate his cancer treatment and later diagnosed with a respiratory infection, according to medical reports.

Folha de S. Paulo reported that chemotherapy had now been suspended and that Pelé was under palliative care, being treated only for symptoms such as pain and shortness of breath.
:(

My preferred sport will always be rugby, but I do watch a bit of football every now and then. I am being reminded very much of the quote:

"Football is 90 minutes of players pretending to be injured, rugby is 80 minutes of players pretending they're not."

The amount of diving and general rolling about is terrible. Surely VAR should be used to give our yellows for diving? That plus 10 minutes of the pitch would surely sort it out.
Yea agreed its a bit much but I've never seen a footballer chomp down on a blood capsule to feign an injury.

Back
Top Bottom