Football Banter Thread

I mean its a good thing they were paying for it in the first place...probably not a good time to announce you're scrapping it though. It's pocket change in the grand scheme of things.

The new Jordan Henderson interview is lol worthy. He should have just stayed out of the media for a bit.

"So if I wear the rainbow armband, if that disrespects their religion, then that's not right either. Everybody should be respectful of religion and culture."

So they couldn't be offended if you did that in England?

"It's hard for me to know and understand everything because it is part of the religion.

You seemed to be pretty clued up before they paid you hundreds of millions.

"All I can say is that I apologise, I'm sorry that I've made them feel that way. But I haven't changed as a person."

But you have, the minute you agreed to shut up and take the money.

Talking about what persuaded him to head to Saudi Arabia, Henderson said he was attracted by the prospect of trying to grow the game he loves in another country and said nothing would change by criticising another country from afar while burying "our heads in the sand".

So you're going to criticise from within? Couldn't you have picked any other Country to 'try and grow the game' What specifically made you pick Saudi?

Henderson added: "I think people know what my views and values were before I left and still do now. And I think having someone with those views and values in Saudi Arabia is only a positive thing."

Go on then air them, speak out, speak up.

Should have just shut up you virtue signalling fraud.

Everybody getting worked up as if this interview changes anything. The only thing of note in there, which wasn't hard to work out, is that he was told he didn't have much of a chance of playing with us anymore and he's decided I could either go to a smaller side and see out my final years or I could get paid a bucket load of cash to go to Saudi. I've no doubt he still supports the initiatives he supported once before but not enough to turn down circa £100m for 3 years of amateur football in a backwards state.

Don't understand how Haaland didn't win YPOTY award. He won POTY, which means by definition he is better than Saka, so how can Saka win it ahead of him? :confused:
Well, I'll answer my own question, it's based on voting. So the question is more why did more people not vote for Haaland as YPOTY?

Last edited:
Everybody getting worked up as if this interview changes anything. The only thing of note in there, which wasn't hard to work out, is that he was told he didn't have much of a chance of playing with us anymore and he's decided I could either go to a smaller side and see out my final years or I could get paid a bucket load of cash to go to Saudi. I've no doubt he still supports the initiatives he supported once before but not enough to turn down circa £100m for 3 years of amateur football in a backwards state.

Yeah, this is how most people work. They have their beliefs and those beliefs are usually quite malleable when it comes to money and how much those beliefs make their life easier or harder.

I would respect someone who turned down that sort of money based on their morals but it doesn't surprise me one bit when they don't. We are all weak hypocrites for the most part.

Prince Andrew vibes. You went there for the money and have disregarded everything else - just own it.

Bit heavy comparing him to that lmao

Yeah, this is how most people work. They have their beliefs and those beliefs are usually quite malleable when it comes to money and how much those beliefs make their life easier or harder.

I would respect someone who turned down that sort of money based on their morals but it doesn't surprise me one bit when they don't. We are all weak hypocrites for the most part.

To then try to paint it as you're doing good by going to that place with those values from a place of near immunity as long as you don't mention it is hardly doing good work :D
As above, should've just kept quiet and taken it on the chin as he likes money more than his values as a person.

I read this earlier and thought to myself it's interesting that if you do some good and then back away from it (not saying he has, but for the sake of argument) you get vilified, yet if you just sit on your arse doing no good, nobody bats an eyelid.

It's like if I cancel my direct debit to charity does that makes me a bad selfish person compared to someone who was never donating to charity in the first place?

Back
Top Bottom