Football Banter Thread

I read this earlier and thought to myself it's interesting that if you do some good and then back away from it (not saying he has, but for the sake of argument) you get vilified, yet if you just sit on your arse doing no good, nobody bats an eyelid.

It's like if I cancel my direct debit to charity does that makes me a bad selfish person compared to someone who was never donating to charity in the first place?

I think it depends on how vocal you are about that good you're doing.

If you started spouting off about how you're donating to charity, you can't do enough and say not donating to charity is "shocking, disappointing and horrendous", then when you yourself stop donating to charity you're obviously going to get more flak than someone who has either quietly donated in the background or just didn't do it in the first place.

Last edited:
Worst part for me was the end of this:

F5QQNToXMAAQhZ8

Is he really that thick or does he need to spend some of that new found wealth on a better PR team?

Is he really that thick or does he need to spend some of that new found wealth on a better PR team?
better pr team. he's just your typical hypocrit trying to make himself sound less hyocritical and failing miserably at it. as someone mentioned a few posts back, he'd have been wiser to just keep his gub shut, collect the mullah and come home when his retirement plan is completed.

I read this earlier and thought to myself it's interesting that if you do some good and then back away from it (not saying he has, but for the sake of argument) you get vilified, yet if you just sit on your arse doing no good, nobody bats an eyelid.

It's like if I cancel my direct debit to charity does that makes me a bad selfish person compared to someone who was never donating to charity in the first place?

Being outspoken and seen as an 'ally' has very little economic drawbacks (realistically economic benefit in western culture currently) I don't think they are like for like situations.
I'm not in the minorities shoes here but when you have someone as successful as Henderson on your side in a sport that is relative backwards both within clubs and fanbases then essentially turn his back I can imagine its could be quite painful.

better pr team. he's just your typical hypocrit trying to make himself sound less hyocritical and failing miserably at it. as someone mentioned a few posts back, he'd have been wiser to just keep his gub shut, collect the mullah and come home when his retirement plan is completed.
Probably both pr and thick. Will still get some who defend it though.

Last edited:
Yeah (making me feel old cos I remember it well!) he got on the podium at Silverstone during the British GP, came out to bat (in full cricket kit!) at a test match and had a knock up on centre court during Wimbledon.

How times change he’d probably be banged up under some terrorism act now!

Worst performance enhancing drugs ever lol.
Needs to give Jurgen a ring and get some salbutamol.

Honestly... what a car crash of a career considering what a prospect he was. Didn't respect the sport and took everything for granted.

Juventus owners must be fuming. Their wallets will survive.
Got him on a free and i cant imagine he's on full pay whilst suspended. If guilty they'll just sack him.

Honestly... what a car crash of a career considering what a prospect he was. Didn't respect the sport and took everything for granted.

Juventus owners must be fuming. Their wallets will survive.
He did score the winner in a world cup final like. There is that.

Funny player him, has all the talent in the world but always looks like he absolutely hates playing and would rather be anywhere else than on a pitch.

Needs to give Jurgen a ring and get some salbutamol.

Got him on a free and i cant imagine he's on full pay whilst suspended. If guilty they'll just sack him.

I reckon they slipped some T into his cornflakes for just that reason. I thought United had been taken to the cleaners over him but hes making our years with him look like a bargain.

Back
Top Bottom