*Football* Best Goal ever?

Permabanned
friddela said:
Seedorf's amazing strike for me, thought roberto carlos i think it was from the corner flag was amazing also, please correct me if it wasn't carlos :p

It was a good goal but tbh the keeper was being a bit of a clown.

I dunno how many angles you've seen of it but from the standard real time one it looks like he has blasted it in to the far top corner with the keeper stranded.. I've seen angles from behind the goal though and it's relatively straight down the middle and the keeper is someway off his line doing a little dance.

As I said, the power and accuracy he got on it was great, but it was more down to the poor keeping than anything else.

Associate
celticbhoy said:
Going back to Seventies, Archie Gemmell for Scotland against Holland in 1978 World Cup sublime skill.

Probably not the best goal ever scored given the quality of the vids in this thread but Archies is without a doubt my favourite goal ever

Man of Honour
radikal_dj said:
*David Platt's volley in the last minute of extra time from a Paul Gascoigne free kick against Belgium in the second round of the 1990 World Cup in Italy

Good goal but one of the worst England games ever part 2!

speaking of Gascoigne, one of his best goals was against Arsenal. It was his first derby game at the lane and he run past two defenders and then beat Seaman.. nothing cool about that you may say, but he only had one boot on!! LOL..

Back
Top Bottom