*Football* Best Goal ever?

Associate
Has to be Rivaldo's Overhead kick for Barcelona when they played valencia. He equalised in stopage time and put barce into the Champions League instead of valencia

Quality

See it HERE

Last edited:
Associate
laurent robert scored 2 cracking goals 2 or 3 seasons ago for newcastle against spurs but i cant find them anywhere i was at the game aswell ,st james park was rockin. but shearers goal against everton imo is th ebest goal ever :) see it here :eek:

Caporegime
Rooneys goal against newcastle, techinally superb only one or two players in the world could do that. Giggs goal against arsenal. Norman whitesides goal against everton in the 85 cup final. I was 10 and that goal broke my heart.

Man of Honour
My favorite was in last year's champion's league group stages. I can't remember who scored it or for what teams, but either side wasn't a big side.

Basically imagine a defender sending a half pitch long pass to a striker on his own team, who basically runs up to where the ball's about to land and sends a curling volley into the top far corner of the goal. Absolutly brilliant!

Soldato
Anyone remember a shot in either this season or last seasons Champs League; ball came out from a corner on the floor and the guy drilled it from at least 40 yards, rising all the way, and it hit the post! Couldn't believe how unlucky it was. I think it was a German side against Madrid but I could be wrong.

Soldato
Houd said:
Saying that the greatest non-goal of all time happened last season in a Spanish game, think it was an Atletico Bilbao player, smacked one from a mile out, it clubbed the bar and landed a good foot over the line, wasn't given though!

Actually, the greatest non goal of all time came from Giggs, I'm struggling to remember who it was against (May have been Charlton away?). The ball was cleared from the defence up towards him on the halfwayline, he turned and hit it on the volley in one movement , beat the keeper completely and bounced off the cross bar. Luckily, Solskjaer headed the rebound. If that had gone in it would have made Beckham's effort against the Dons pale in comparison.

Associate
*David Platt's volley in the last minute of extra time from a Paul Gascoigne free kick against Belgium in the second round of the 1990 World Cup in Italy

platt_allsport_250x180.jpg

*Eric Cantona's goal in this video here at 43 seconds in is firmly stuck in my memory of amazement. (Most of the others in that vid are priceless too, especially Le Tissier's.

*Maradona - Nuff Said - This is a 4 minute video but THE Goal is at the end and gets replayed several times from different angles - for me, this is the best goal I have seen. It's a shame that maradona is too often referred to as a cheat and a drug addict - He is, in my opininon, the best player ever.

*I finish with a collection of Zidane's finest, I will let you decide your favourites from here

Back
Top Bottom