Football Manager 2020

Soldato
The tactics creator they added in 2019 helped a lot of people i know to create more effective tactics, prior they struggled to perform with decent teams.

But in general, every recent yearly update seems to add more bloat and stupid ideas.

Associate
For a person that has bought every single football manager, this is the first year i will not be buying.

Every year there's no actual real development in key areas. Each version has as the poster above has said new bloat. Bloat that actually adds nothing to the game and offers any improvement. It's more filler thats obviously quick and cheap to implement, that can be labelled as new features etc

I think its about time a new contender came into the market for some competition.

On top of that the game comes out later and later each year. Im excited for the new season building in July with Pre-Season, were now in November. Far too late for a release.

Last edited:
Associate
Genuinely interested in what people would like added to the game?

Just my opinion of course, but the game has been so good for so long, I struggle to see what aspect of Football Management they could add to it.

Man of Honour
Tend to agree from a business perspective if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

That said I’ve sunk thousands of hours into various releases over the years but I don’t think I will buy this one. Not yet anyway. I love the regen improvement which was necessary but I can’t see a big enough set of changes to warrant £35 this year.

Soldato

Just my opinion of course, but the game has been so good for so long, I struggle to see what aspect of Football Management they could add to it.
I would love in depth options to the development of clubs, stadiums/finances/sponsorship/merchandise etc, redevelopment of grounds and traffic footfall to show more sales and business side of clubs, more press/drama, supporting players off the field from events in their lives. Just make it all encompassing and more involved.

Associate
I haven't played a Football Manager in years (nor have been any good at it), determined to actually do well in this game and took over my beloved Leicester City and doing things slowly slowly.

Turfed out Nampalys Mendy because I dislike him in the game and life, and have promoted a youth academy left-back as Christian Fuchs told me he would not re-sign!

Man of Honour

I'd like to see (I don't know if its in 2020 or not) , kit changes. I haven't played a FM game for a while but it always used to irk me that I could play 20 seasons and my kit didn't change at all, given that real world kits change on an almost yearly basis. I'd like to see different sponsors approach to be on the shirts, different kit designers approaching, different choices of home, away 3rd, European etc kits and having to decide which kit you're going with on a year on year basis. Kit design choice and its affect on fans and revenue etc. Bugs me no end that if my away strip in season 1 is a white away strip, then that's that...its my away strip forever.

Soldato
My nephew has just text me to recommend a laptop that costs no more than £500 to play this. Unfortunately I don’t play these games and wouldn’t know what would be good at that price point.

Anyone here able to suggest a £500 laptop that’d do the job? Cheers for any help you can give me.

Soldato
any feedback now its been out a couple of days,

still swithering cant bring myself not to buy it as it will be the first time in over 25 years with no new FM/CM game :(

Soldato
Needs competition, they have gotten lazy and released it with a load of issues. Some of the mods on the si forum treat customers asking questions like crap, it's put me off them quite a bit.

Think im done with them, first one missed since I started in cm97/98.

I'll just grab a data update for one of the older ones if I get the urge to play again.

Soldato
Graphics of the 3D match engine are laughable and sometimes doesn't correspond with the commentary.
It takes far too long to play a season(Even on a top spec PC) not very well optimised.
If it was faster then online play would be amazing.
Interactions are boring and drab.
Nothing really new or game changing added it's basically been a squad update since FM 12.

Soldato
I'm enjoying it, match engine is definitely better than last years was and the new club vision aspects are an improvement. Still cant stand the press conferences, but that is what Assistants and responsibility settings are for.

I paid £25 for it on pre-release and am pretty confident that by the time the next one comes out I will have played it enough for it to have cost me less than 10p per hour of play!!

Soldato
OP
Graphics of the 3D match engine are laughable and sometimes doesn't correspond with the commentary.
It takes far too long to play a season(Even on a top spec PC) not very well optimised.
If it was faster then online play would be amazing.
Interactions are boring and drab.
Nothing really new or game changing added it's basically been a squad update since FM 12.
What graphics card do you have? Is it an Nvidia card? I had massive problems getting FM20 to look decent without jerky movement but a colleague made a suggestion that has made the graphics even better than ever and buttery smooth at the same time. He told me to install GeForce Experience and run the optimising tool. It detected FM20 and applied some settings and it's beautiful now.

Associate
What graphics card do you have? Is it an Nvidia card? I had massive problems getting FM20 to look decent without jerky movement but a colleague made a suggestion that has made the graphics even better than ever and buttery smooth at the same time. He told me to install GeForce Experience and run the optimising tool. It detected FM20 and applied some settings and it's beautiful now.

The graphics are horrendous as they always have been, if someone is struggling to get that junk engine to run without a hiccup, they need to stop using hardware from the 80s rofl.

Back
Top Bottom