Football *Spoilers* 29th-30th March

Man of Honour
Torres is clearly a better player than Ronaldo. Given the fact 80% of his team mates are utter dross, what he has done at Liverpool is nothing short of a miracle. :)

He would have score 50 this season if he was in United's side.

Last time I responded to one of your comments, I missed the point entirely :p

I think I'd do the same here if I replied :p

Could be a few "whoosh" comments following

Soldato
Joking aside, Torres is a beast of a player and if he doesn't get Young Player Of The Year with Ronaldo picking up the main award something is wrong.

And Arbeloa is being kept out of the side by Carragher playing out of position. He has spent the last week giving quotes to the press. If I were him I would be spending a little more time focussing on training hard!

Man of Honour
Surely Ronaldo will win both again, as good as Torres is, he's only really hit top form in the second half of the season

Ronaldo has been consistently good all season

Soldato
Surely Ronaldo will win both again, as good as Torres is, he's only really hit top form in the second half of the season

Ronaldo has been consistently good all season

He (torres) was out for most of the first half all season. Also, it's his first season in the Premiership, to settle in so quickly has just shown what a class act the lad is.

On a different note, my mate was training his dog last week and word on the street is that his missus is quite a tidy little number :D He is also having a house built on my road. I will pop round and offer him a cup of sugar when he moves in, just to be neighbourly of course, not to gawp at his other half :D

Soldato
Torres is clearly a better player than Ronaldo. Given the fact 80% of his team mates are utter dross, what he has done at Liverpool is nothing short of a miracle. :)

He would have score 50 this season if he was in United's side.

Torres, top player. obviously deep down he is at the moment having a few regrets. 'why did i opt to stay in spain a few years ago, i like pool but if i'd have just gone to United i could be playing alongside the likes of Rooney, Ronaldo and Tevez and really consistently challenging year in year out. Damn listening to Harry K when he told me United were on the slide and liverpool a team on the up... oh god, is it possible that i might go my entire career without a league title to my name??? no no Nando if i can just keep scoring a few goals maybe Madrid could come in for me and i'm bound to pick something up there.'

purely theoretical obviously :p

also surely it would be a bit of an insult to give him young player of the year at age 24? when someone quite a bit his junior picks up the main award. maybe there should be a newcomer of the year award.

Soldato
Torres, top player. obviously deep down he is at the moment having a few regrets. 'why did i opt to stay in spain a few years ago, i like pool but if i'd have just gone to United i could be playing alongside the likes of Rooney, Ronaldo and Tevez and really consistently challenging year in year out. Damn listening to Harry K when he told me United were on the slide and liverpool a team on the up... oh god, is it possible that i might go my entire career without a league title to my name??? no no Nando if i can just keep scoring a few goals maybe Madrid could come in for me and i'm bound to pick something up there.'

purely theoretical obviously :p

also surely it would be a bit of an insult to give him young player of the year at age 24? when someone quite a bit his junior picks up the main award. maybe there should be a newcomer of the year award.

That's my only worry. If trophies don't appear at Anfield any time soon (which they don't look like doing so) then Torres will just up an leave back to Spain for a hefty payout.

In terms of the young player thing, just give Torres the main award and Ronaldo can have the happy meal version :p

Permabanned
Here is an extract from Fernando Torres upcoming autobiography.

"Flying into Manchester airport for the signing was one of the most exciting days of my career. The limo transferring me took a while longer to reach the ground than I expected but once there I was greeted by a sea of red. The chanting and atmosphere were brilliant and it all passed by in a blur.

Once inside the ground I was greeted by the manager, the first time we had met face to face. He was a lot heavier than I expected but spoke to me in good Spanish which made me feel most welcome. We went straight into a conference room for the official signing.

After I had put pen to paper the manager turned to me and said "Welcome to the biggest club in the World".

I said thank you and asked "When will I meet Wayne and Cristiano"?

There followed about ten minutes of confusion from which it transpired that there are two clubs in the North West of England known as the "Reds" and my idiot agent had got them mixed up.

However I had signed so had to get on with it. Benitez was known as the "Gaffer". I asked Stevie G (the only other player at the club who could control the ball) why this was.

He explained that in English "gaffe" is an embarassing mistake. Apparently even the owners called Rafa "gaffer".

All I can do now is play really well and hope that Real, Barca or possibly Barnsley come and save me from my nightmare.

Some days after training I drive from Liverpool to Manchester and sit outside Old Trafford and dream of what might have been. I can sit there for hours.

Then Stevie will nudge me and say "Come on Nando, we have to go back".

We drive silently back to the gaffer.

Taken from "How did I get here?" by Fernando Torres.

Soldato

"Flying into Manchester airport for the signing was one of the most exciting days of my career. The limo transferring me took a while longer to reach the ground than I expected but once there I was greeted by a sea of red. The chanting and atmosphere were brilliant and it all passed by in a blur.

Once inside the ground I was greeted by the manager, the first time we had met face to face. He was a lot heavier than I expected but spoke to me in good Spanish which made me feel most welcome. We went straight into a conference room for the official signing.

After I had put pen to paper the manager turned to me and said "Welcome to the biggest club in the World".

There followed about ten minutes of confusion from which it transpired that there are two clubs in the North West of England known as the "Reds" and my idiot agent had got them mixed up.

However I had signed so had to get on with it. Benitez was known as the "Gaffer". I asked Stevie G (the only other player at the club who could control the ball) why this was.

He explained that in English "gaffe" is an embarassing mistake. Apparently even the owners called Rafa "gaffer".

All I can do now is play really well and hope that Real, Barca or possibly Barnsley come and save me from my nightmare.

Some days after training I drive from Liverpool to Manchester and sit outside Old Trafford and dream of what might have been. I can sit there for hours.

blimey, change the a few words and you could also be talking about Mascherano there.

Another good one from Benitez this weekend was (and i'm paraphrasing) people say we've struggled to score without Torres and i shouldn't have left him out so much but that's not true, we beat Havant 5-2 without him didn't we??

Soldato

That gave me a genuine LOL and if you wrote it yourself mate then I tip my hat to you :D

Cheers for brightening up a rather dull morning at the office!

Associate
Hardly. He's hardly played for them, when he has he's looked great. He was unlucky today in hitting the woodwork twice and not scoring with a header that Carvalho blocked his view of.

Maccarone came from Serie B. Alves has an awesome scoring record and plays for Brazil.

Maccarone was considered one of the best young talents in Italy, he scored loads for their u-21s, and had a full cap for them.

Alves record IS awesome - in Holland - I seem to recollect a certain Mateja Kezman scoring aplenty over there.

I'm prepared to eat humble pie, but I'm always curious when these "talents" end up at teams like Middlesborough - so I'm going to go for FLOP!

Soldato
They are all different players really.

Although i think Tevez would work very well with either Tevez/Rooney.

Think Utd might need someone SIMILAR to RvN though.. although they have a few youngsters they could use.

Huntelaar looks good.

Back
Top Bottom