For Honor - Hack and Slasher

Associate
I LOVED this game when I played the closed beta, its not a button basher or mindless hack n slash at all, it actually has depth to the combat system and takes skill to play well, I will be buying this in the future

Soldato
This game has an odd learning curve, I have tried it when beta, and some games I was doing ok and thought I know what to do others i got rekt without touching the opponent...Its quite fun but I decided to pass

Soldato
Im quite simply god AWFUL at this.

I cannot seem to grasp it.

Go through the advanced tutorials, it shows you parrying, counter-guard-breaks, dodging etc. Then pick a class and go through the movesets, watch the videos, learn your class specific moves like deflect. Definitely learn the chains.

Then go into practice mode until you can reliably pull off these moves. How easy they are to pull off depends a lot on who you're fighting. The big slow guys are easy to parry as the window to do it is fairly long. The faster characters are a nightmare to parry and you're better off just blocking/dodging.

The learning curve is brutal. Definitely stick with one character, stick with one of the easier ones to begin with.

Soldato
Go through the advanced tutorials, it shows you parrying, counter-guard-breaks, dodging etc. Then pick a class and go through the movesets, watch the videos, learn your class specific moves like deflect. Definitely learn the chains.

Then go into practice mode until you can reliably pull off these moves. How easy they are to pull off depends a lot on who you're fighting. The big slow guys are easy to parry as the window to do it is fairly long. The faster characters are a nightmare to parry and you're better off just blocking/dodging.

The learning curve is brutal. Definitely stick with one character, stick with one of the easier ones to begin with.

Thanks for the tips.

My main issue is blocking and how to guardbreak properly. Whenever I feel like I should have blocked an attack, it doesnt seem to register and It punishes me.

The game can be very fun, but also very frustrating in equal measures.

Associate
Not had a chance yet to try the full release but played in at least 2 Beta tests. The biggest point has already been mentioned, at first stick to one character and learn it, they play very different. I played the Berserker in first beta and learnt it well, in the recent open Beta I tried loads and was losing most of the time as they have such different styles.

I liked it a lot which is why I purchased the game, it's nice to have something different and good on them for trying.

Associate
It's a shame the matchmaking in this game is terrible (I don't know why I'm surprised). Most games take a while to join, if you do find one it's only one other person. Every single game of Brawl I've played and finished, 100% of the time two people always leave meaning you can't progress to the next match and have to start all over again.

Aside from the matchmaking the game is great. I love the characters and the graphics are amazing. It looks brilliant even on medium preset. However the matchmaking is a deal breaker for me and I'm considering getting a steam refund. Maybe I'm being pedantic but I'd rather put £40 into a game where I don't spend 15 minutes of every hour in the lobby.

Soldato
requested a refund

- the combat feels really slow responsive, heavy which is fine but it feels soo slow to respond.
- terrible matchmaking
- dual analog requirement on controller (unplayable for me)

Soldato
Launch party today, had a knockout tournament, 50 odd entrants. Blitzed my opener 3-0 but bottled second round :'(

Really good fun tournament game though, not really into spectating games but it was a blast. Final was Warlord v Valkyrie, very close but the warlord came through 4-2.

Really got to master the Berzerker deflects, I get demolished by people playing aggressive.

Might have to switch to PC as it does play and look great at 60fps...

Soldato
been playing this a fair bit and have picked Valk as my main for the moment spending as much time practising as i am playing. im never going to great at it but its fun, ive always liked fighting games ever since IK.

Soldato
I do love this game, peacekeeper is my main.

The matchmaking is terrible though, frequently getting teamed up against a bunch of prestige players with none on my team, then getting royally spanked.

I do find people funny that think you have to fight honorably at all times, 1v1 and 2v2 I will stick to fighting 1 on 1, in the 4v4 games anything goes imo.

Back
Top Bottom