For Honor - Hack and Slasher

Soldato
I agree there is no honour in the 4vs4 its war, its all about killing the o position as fast as possible by any means. I do like the 2 vs 2 and duels though, got spanked earlier in a dual i just couldn't time my guard break right, i also keep hitting the start and back buttons on the xbox controller like a noob.

Soldato
I tend to just do Dominion to complete orders....there's not much fun is just getting ganked or ganking people. Duels and Brawls are more fun imo, although I don't mind a bit of elimination, it's annoying you can't just queue for Elimination, sometimes you'll end in Skirmish which is a bit pants.

Soldato
How big is the campaign and is it anygood ? Like Donohue07, looking to buy something to play whilst I'm off for a week ;)

I was told you have to play multiplayer with a controller to be competetive which puts me off

Soldato
How big is the campaign and is it anygood ? Like Donohue07, looking to buy something to play whilst I'm off for a week ;)

I was told you have to play multiplayer with a controller to be competetive which puts me off

I wouldn't buy it for the single player....there's a campaign to run through which is fun enough but I wouldn't pay full price just for that. It's mostly about the multiplayer.

I haven't played with mouse/KB but we had a tournament last week (50-60 peeps) and mouse guys were competitive, getting to the semis IIRC.

Soldato
Cheers, might wait for a price drop ... if I don't buy it in a drunken stupor tonight *cough*
I'd hold off, Im enjoying the game and the mechanics but its a typical ubisoft piece of junk. Skill based match making is none existent, when in matches you get paired with the same people over and over, its all peer to peer matching so you get regular connection issues. Its also fairly pricey.

Good sides, compelling game play, decent balance (if you actually learn the counters), high skill cap, a new player isnt totally out matched by a maxed geared pro and can easily kill them (once they know how to play obviously...)

it needs some refinement to a couple of moves and it needs some refinements in terms of match making and such and those issues for me make the game very frustrating at times.

Soldato
when in matches you get paired with the same people over and over

That's by design. Unless you explicitly leave a session after a game, you'll go into the next match with the same people (if they don't quit).

It's awesome when you're duelling, spent an hour the other day just playing the same person, both developing and changing strategies each round.

Soldato
That's by design. Unless you explicitly leave a session after a game, you'll go into the next match with the same people (if they don't quit).

It's awesome when you're duelling, spent an hour the other day just playing the same person, both developing and changing strategies each round.

I meant in say, elimination 5 rounds, you will get paired with the same guy 2-4 times, rather than an even rotation between guys on each side.

Soldato
I bought it last night and after only playing a few levels of the campaign and a few PvP rounds I love it !

No idea really what I'm doing but it's immense fun cracking skulls or decapitating people !

Associate
nah is mainly about the pvp multiplayer aspect...had it since launch, 40h in and only completed the first part of the single player campaign...2 to go

Back
Top Bottom