For the gym rats

Status
Not open for further replies.
rear delts pulls on a pec dec that is designed for rear delts too. That way you can have a tiny weight on without gravity crashing it down to the ground if you start to fail.
Similarly standing reverse cable flyes. As long as you lock and maintain the angle in your arms, you really will hit those rear delts.

Its all part of the fun.. :p

Besides you havn't lived until you've seen weights slip off one end of an EZ bar catapulting the rest across the other side of the gym :D (not me btw!)

My goal this year is to increase my stamina, V02 max and endurance.

I'm reasonably lean as it is, 5' 9" and 185-190 kg.

So far, the only cardio training I've been doing is on a Concept II rowing machine, as well as a good bit of bag work and skipping.

Getting boring now, so looking to start road cycling for a bit of different training. I'm told it can pay great dividends...!!!

How do you chaps (and chapesses?) stretch out your 'side' delts? I often get cramp in mine when doing pretty much anything with my shoulders, be it posterior or anterior, or vertical lifts/press, and all I can do is just grit my teeth as stretching by pulling my arm across chest/under chin or holding something and stretching backwards doesn't ease it off :/ Obv. I'm not stretching enough before starting.

I'm looking for a pull up / chin up bars for the home just as it's nice to have somewhere to do such an exercise. I don't have a home gym as I believe like Morba that you either go to the gym or you don't. However I think it's nice to have the ability to do some pull ups or some exercises at home just as a filler day in case you can't make it down to the gym for some reason - or just for the reason I'd just like to have one!

I came across this: http://www.gizoo.co.uk/Products/HealthFitness/Fitness/Powerbar.htm

Worthwhile? Problem is the limit is 20st / 125kg - so doing any serious weighted pull ups would be quite limiting, however it seems pretty decent to me. What do you chaps reckon?

. However I think it's nice to have the ability to do some pull ups or some exercises at home just as a filler day in case you can't make it down to the gym for some reason - or just for the reason I'd just like to have one!

I came across this: http://www.gizoo.co.uk/Products/HealthFitness/Fitness/Powerbar.htm

Worthwhile? Problem is the limit is 20st / 125kg - so doing any serious weighted pull ups would be quite limiting, however it seems pretty decent to me. What do you chaps reckon?

If there was one thing I could do from home then this would be it. It rates itself at my BW, so it would be interesting to see how well the door frame holds up with me hanging from it!

Just a quick question. When weighing out you creapure what do you use?? My scales aren't accurate enough to weigh out 5 g, i have got a small scoop which supposedly weighs out 3.5g but i am not sure :S.

Thanks Rich

I'm looking for a pull up / chin up bars for the home just as it's nice to have somewhere to do such an exercise. I don't have a home gym as I believe like Morba that you either go to the gym or you don't. However I think it's nice to have the ability to do some pull ups or some exercises at home just as a filler day in case you can't make it down to the gym for some reason - or just for the reason I'd just like to have one!

Do it properly and get bolt-thru wall ones like i got, posted about em somewhere errr your a mod you find it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom