For the gym rats

Status
Not open for further replies.
or you are stretching too much. static stretching prior to doing weights is not good :]
I always do a bit of cardio to get the juices flowing before I start weights, 10mins or so on the cross trainer normally (enough to get a few beads of sweat) and stretch before that (legs) and then when moving onto weights I stretch the muscle groups that I'll be working on with a "shake down" before lifting.

Though it's got me curious because it never actually feels like I am stretching my side delts.

For me to stretch my lateral delts i stand at a cable station as if i'm about to do some cable lateral raises, then i take a step or two away from the weight stack whilst still holding the cable and relax my arm, thus stretching the lateral head a little.

felt like a right n00b today,

never done deadlifts before so i asked someone, didnt want to look a tool and do it all wrong,

mind you i felt it proper :p enjoying this split routine.. come on friday, legs!

felt like a right n00b today,

never done deadlifts before so i asked someone, didnt want to look a tool and do it all wrong,

mind you i felt it proper :p enjoying this split routine.. come on friday, legs!

http://www.crossfit.com/cf-info/excercise.html#Power

Check out all the deadlift vids by Mark Rippetoe

Actually check out some of the other vids on how to do exercises properly..such a great site..

Going to start calculating my 15 rep maxes for HST over the next two or three sessions.

HST seems the logical thing to do with my back troubles. I can simply play my leg and back work by ear basically and include pleanty of rehab exercises, whilst still training full body pretty much 3 days a week :)

I'll only really be getting 15RM because I pretty much know my 5RM for most movements, and for the 10 rep phase i'll just start from my 15RM.

Wooop

Last edited:
Well it was getting better but I missed a few days of stretching and it's been a bit funky the last few days.

She says I don't really need treatment all the time, so i'm going once a month.

My problems basically stem from poor flexibility, bad glute activation and muscle imbalances.

Pleanty of single leg work and stretching should see me on my way.

I was getting much better but I did some rack pulls and they seemed to set me back a little.

Having some issues with the knees today. I havn't squatted in about 2 weeks and did a light set today with my sister on on my back as well as some lunges. My knees feel as though there is no lube in there and it feels stiff.

Kind of worried :confused::(

I'll be training a little earlier today, upper body. Going to move onto HST so the next few sessions are basically just for getting a feeling for a few 15RMs as I can pretty much guess/already know my 10RM and 5RM.

To be fair, I only need to know my 15RM anyways... because i'll start the 10 rep phase with my 15RM, and start my 5RM phase with my 10RM.

My DB benching and CGBP have come on loads so i'm tempted to give flat barbell a quick go today and see if i've progressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom