For the gym rats

Status
Not open for further replies.
I leave about a foot in between the hands for CGBP. I'm doing well on that, managing 100kg for reps which is awesome. I'm becoming a HUGE fan of weighted dips and chins now - never really did them before, now I can't get enough! I did 8x BW+25kg on thursday and boy are they killing me today! :D

I think the trick is to make sure you don't go too close.

I changed my grip distance so it's just outside shoulder width and i've got a lot more from the exercise.

yeah, mine are shoulder width, otherwise the elbows flare out too much.

oddly i find myself stronger for reps doing CGBP to normal width! but then thats one of the reasons why my chest is lagging, my tri's are much stronger.

yeah, mine are shoulder width, otherwise the elbows flare out too much.

oddly i find myself stronger for reps doing CGBP to normal width! but then thats one of the reasons why my chest is lagging, my tri's are much stronger.

yeah that will cause your triceps to overpower majorly. I have a m8 who is a strong bencher but always uses a sh/w grip which i would call a CGBP. He pushes over 100kg for a few reps but when he tries to use my grip (widest grip poss on my rack, ie very wide) he cant push 80kg. His flyes are nowhere near me either yet overall his bench is higher because of his dominant triceps. It's all very bizarre. For what its worth, although im preaching to the converted here, i wouldnt reccommend anyone does a barbell bench, at least as a true bench-press, without using a super wide grip. At least from a bodybuilding point of view.

I was gonna say the same tbh. In my opinion anything wider that say approx 110° is asking for shoulder stress, and not in a good way! I usually go just beyond 90° maybe 100°. It also places unwanted stress on the wrists.

I don't think so, imo it's more to do with forcing the shoulder into a range of motion that it's not meant to be in.

Well it is obvious, increase the distance of the weight held from your shoulder and your going to be pushing more pressure on the joint. It's like doing flyes with your arms all the way extended.

Anybody here try and teach or advise young kids or skinny bicep monkeys on how to do exercises properly? :confused:

It's just today this kid was doing "tricep extensions" but really was sort of leaning with all his body weight ontop of the cable machine pushing straight down whilst twisting his body at a horrid accident... no tricep work at all.

This is how I do mine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63NfZygR3W0

his well he was just ****

SEcondly some fat "think I'm big" ***** was hogging the bench and doing poor bench technique and dropping the bar about 2 inches. I thought he might have been doing partials, so i said to him, nice partials - what do you do on full reps? Genuine question. I can tell he was thinking about saying something he just said, nah mate I know what I'm doing...

I REALLY angers me when people **** around in the gym :mad:

Leaning forward a bit is fine - but being u-shaped and cocked to one side using your bodyweight to bring the cable down doesn't constitute a good tricep pull down really does it?! :p

Just having a rant - I hate gym noobs :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom