For the gym rats

Status
Not open for further replies.
My girlfriend is going to be super ****ed when I show her this, Oh well I only have to come up with half the cash, thank the lord but its going to take some saving bills first:(.

means each hand works in isolation.
on that one, lift with 1 hand only and only 1 side goes up
on the hammer strength one, lift one hand and both sides will go up.

ISO good :D

Ooooooooooooooooo:eek::p I like, another thing that baby can take 700 kilos thats all my plates lol. I guess my four 50 kg plates could live on there:D love moving them about "NOT"!

We have one of those Hammer DL machines at our gym (amongst what seems Hammer Strengths entire catalog :D) - it's awesome for shrugs I find. Although Tank you'd struggle as I load it up til it's full for shrugs - you'd be warming up on them :p

I just want my own gym at home end of! :( Though the problem is I'd have to pay for ladies to come and use it to make me feel happier about it :p

lmfao :p
you need to goto a spit n sawdust gym, wont be many nice women there!

My current gym is great for equipment, but only on the nights when the local pole dancers are in is there any tasty totty.
pole dancers in windsor, classy! :D

Does DOMS get easier over time? I've done my first workout after 6 months or so of not going to a gym and the bottom of my biceps really hurt, this is the 2nd morning since the workout.

It's either the bicep or the tendon at the base of the bicep that must not be used to the strain. I mirrored my mate on his back and bicep workout on Tuesday night, albeit with lighter weights and now I can't fully straighten my arms out, with the left one worse.

Any tips on relieving or preventing DOMS? I went for a swim after to wind down but that didn't seem to do much good.

initially its a case of get used to it. then after a few weeks, if it continues for months then chances are you are working too hard. People seem to see DOMS as a sign of good work and growth, its generally not :]

I didn't exactly lift heavy weights though, so just a bit suprised at the intensity of the DOMS.

Going for a swim and a do massive stretch session tonight, hopefully ease it a bit.

Found one not as pretty as the hammer strength one, differently want to pick this up or cheaper one some time in the new year!:cool:

http://www.ukfitnesssupplies.co.uk/...-Load-ISO-Dead-Lift-Shrug-Machine_PLATE27.htm

We have one of those Hammer DL machines at our gym (amongst what seems Hammer Strengths entire catalog :D) - it's awesome for shrugs I find. Although Tank you'd struggle as I load it up til it's full for shrugs - you'd be warming up on them :p

Check out the link its not made by hammer strength. That baby maxes out at 700 kilos, so no warm up material for me lol;).

Just a quick question so I thought I'd stick it in here rather than start a new thread.

My gym doesn't have heavy enough dumbells to do single arm bent over rows, it doesn't have a tbar either so for a fair while I've beeen just doing chins/pullups and BOR's but I fancy a bit of a change now.

I had an idea to bodge an exercise using an oly bar. Stick one end of it in the corner of the room (so it doesn't move) , load the other end with weights and grab that end with one arm and pull it up as you would with a dumbell.

Has anyone tried this? I've no idea if it will actually work, can't get down the gym atm to try it though.

Just a quick question so I thought I'd stick it in here rather than start a new thread.

My gym doesn't have heavy enough dumbells to do single arm bent over rows, it doesn't have a tbar either so for a fair while I've beeen just doing chins/pullups and BOR's but I fancy a bit of a change now.

I had an idea to bodge an exercise using an oly bar. Stick one end of it in the corner of the room (so it doesn't move) , load the other end with weights and grab that end with one arm and pull it up as you would with a dumbell.

Has anyone tried this? I've no idea if it will actually work, can't get down the gym atm to try it though.

people have been doing that for years, do it one handed or get a handle and do it 2 handed :]

Check out the link its not made by hammer strength. That baby maxes out at 700 kilos, so no warm up material for me lol;).

fifteen hundred quid! Crikey! I'm sure you're lifting a *lot* of weight, but is it really worth nearly £1,500 to do something you could do with free weights (shrugs at least)? Even if you just got some old gas tanks and a 5 min welding job for handles and fill with concrete?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom