For the gym rats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just give one a go and see how you respond.

A classic 3 day split is:

chest & bis
legs & tris
back & shoulders

Within those there are dozens of exercises you can do, you just have to commit to one and give it a go for a good 6 weeks to give it a fair shot, mixing up the exercises. Then try a different training style, your body adapts to the exercises, which is why you need to mix it up to keep it guessing.

I like doing :

Chest/tris
Back/bis
Legs

Might change it soon though, maybe a 4 day. Gonna have a read and see what i fancy trying :)

I do something like that too.

Chest/Tris & Delts:

DB Bench Press
Military press
DB Fly
Lateral Raises
Dips

Back & Bis:

Deadlifts
Wide Grip Pull-ups
Bent-over Rows
Shrugs
Curls

Legs:

Squats
Hamstring Curls
Leg Extensions
Calf Raises

Been doing that routine for about two months, with great results so far. I changed from a four day upper/lower split which I didn't feel gave me enough recovery time. Three day splits are the best way to go in my experience, but everyone is different.

Most of us don't as most of our homes couldn't cope with the amount of weight we lift! :D Unless you have a garage of course in which case you're a lucky git ;)

My flat couldn't cope with over 200kg of weight being dropped or lowered :D

If you are going to get weights for the home, make sure you get a good oly bar, and a decent sturdy bench, and at least 100kg's worth of weight.

Tank that's a good routine, I'm not a million miles off you on some exercises, but damned that bench and some of those arm workouts are insane!!!

Jesus.. I feel positively puny just reading that lot :p

I just finished Mondays set I feel like my cat just ate me then digested me:(:D. Introduced my friend to Calf raises weighted with dip belt 50kg 2x8, 75kg 2x8, 100kg 2x8, he was scared to start with but then got the hang of it quite happily:cool:.

Most of us don't as most of our homes couldn't cope with the amount of weight we lift! :D Unless you have a garage of course in which case you're a lucky git ;)

My flat couldn't cope with over 200kg of weight being dropped or lowered :D

If you are going to get weights for the home, make sure you get a good oly bar, and a decent sturdy bench, and at least 100kg's worth of weight.

Tank that's a good routine, I'm not a million miles off you on some exercises, but damned that bench and some of those arm workouts are insane!!!

I have taken a leaf out of your book, I drop set the lot now heavy first then work my way down I find I burn out less:), five star advise Freefaller:cool:.

Oh and your right about the pump **** me!

Tank that's a huge amount of time on the cross trainer - what do you do it for exactly (not questioning in *that* way, just curious whether I should incorporate it since it seems a bit easier than riding a boring bicycle :p)

Diet is pretty poor ^Tank^... would be a lot better if you could up that to 6-7 meals a day and spread the calories out some.

a lot of carbs as well and I see no healthy fats :)

Tank that's a huge amount of time on the cross trainer - what do you do it for exactly (not questioning in *that* way, just curious whether I should incorporate it since it seems a bit easier than riding a boring bicycle :p)

I'd split up weights + cardio personally. If it "has" to be done after training i'd down a protein shake with carbs before getting on the cross trainer. Or at least take some bcaas.

Holy hell just did my first proper leg day since going un-natural........Holy hell. Let me put it this way (PB natty ~1 month back) 120k for 1.5 reps (proper a2g) this sesh 150 x 5.....

Theres actually a lot to tell on this front but i dont want to step out of line on the forums, Freefaller whats your take on me rattling off a log for the interest of the more hardcore trainees? No specifics and of course no source info etc? Or could i linky a log on MT or somewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom