For the gym rats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking through this thread, its making me want to take to the Gym.

After the past 6 months or so, Ive been noticing that stomach is not so much flat anymore. Its not fat or anything, but before hand I had a toned stomach, looked liked I had a 'four-pack' going on haha. Now its starting to fade away :p Think its down to drinking Strongbow when going to pub instead of the normal Corona / Becks / Fosters... :p

Anyone have a guide how much you should weigh for your height? Im 68kg and 5ft 8". That about right?

Anyone have a guide how much you should weigh for your height? Im 68kg and 5ft 8". That about right?

No simple answer I'm afraid... Although if you post pics I'm sure we can tell you if you're a fatty or not :D

edit:
Did legs today...

And did some hack squats for the second time everrr :D
I just went up too 105kg (used a 5kg bar if your wondering why such an odd number) for 6 reps without feeling strained..

I've noticed there are hardly any videos on youtube of people doing them and the ones that are there are pretty 'weak' for youtube.. Most I've seen someone on there do is about 155kg for 6 reps..

Do people find it hard to get the form perfect or are the vast majority of people not old school enough?

Last edited:
indeed.. I would like 2 plates for 3 sets of 10 reps :) which works out at about 130kg for 1 I imagine :p

yeah pretty close, id imagine i could get 10, 8, 8 with 2 plates (100k for those not gymwise) thats about 125 1rm id imagine the extra few reps would add 5kg at a push with a following wind!

Best thing lately though for me was getting 110 up for 5 on the incline and 80 for 6 standing! Loving the pressing increases atm!

Just a quick short session today:

Back squats:

10x100kg
10x120kg
8x140kg
6x160kg
5x180kg
14x120kg

Leg press:

10x120kg
10x160kg
10x200kg
8x250kg
6x290kg
5x330kg

RDL:

8x100kg
8x120kg
6x140kg
6x160kg
4x170kg

Leg extensions (hate these but it was the best machine to hand).

10xstack
10xstack
10xstack
10xstack
12xstack

That's it - just legs today, yes I did do front squats on Saturday, but I felt I needed a big leg day and I did, I now cannot walk and I feel awesome! :D Did nearly chuck doing the RDLs as I hadn't really given myself much time to breath in between sets - but other than that great fun.

The squats were just about to parallel - not really beautiful in terms of exercising art but it hurt where it should. I think if I get myself a belt I might try 200kg next time... but for the moment 180 is hard and hurts a lot - I LOVE IT! :D

Nice squatting there FF, Mines still languishing about 150k or so, but my chest touches my knees so ill give myself some kudos! Still 200k 1rm easily within your grasp! Should we be checking you for needle marks ;) lol

LOL! If you were a sexy female nymph I'd give you full authority to search every inch of me... as you're not you're just going to have to take my word that I'm just a crazy sonofabitch and push myself too hard and eat like a mofo! :p I don't know enough about the dark side to even consider dabbling - I know enough to be educated about it, but not enough to want to try it myself.

I'll get some vids up for my squats when I get the opportunity to :) Maybe some front squats @100kg and some back squats at 150kg for comparison and show technique? And maybe even throw down a challenge! :D

Was on another forum and someone said that I was BS'ing about doing 8 reps of 180Kg deadlift @ 13st. My scales at home says 13st but others say 13.5. Anyway I went and did 9 reps of 180kg today.

Was on another forum and someone said that I was BS'ing about doing 8 reps of 180Kg deadlift @ 13st. My scales at home says 13st but others say 13.5. Anyway I went and did 9 reps of 180kg today.

ah most people dont deadlift crap. Almost every sig i see on muscle talk has guys benching 150k squatting 200k and deadlifting 180 'because they dont wanna risk their back'. Girls.

The gym I'm training in at Poland is in a school for people of up to 18 (I think) and the weights room is very simple.

The guy I'm training with was telling me the lads are taught deadlifts, power cleans, snatch and flat bench. There is no squatting as apparently there is too many injuries at this age. There is a few machines (2 leg machines and some dodgy pulldown thing) in there but they are "only for the girls".

I was suprised they don't squat.

The gym I'm training in at Poland is in a school for people of up to 18 (I think) and the weights room is very simple.

The guy I'm training with was telling me the lads are taught deadlifts, power cleans, snatch and flat bench. There is no squatting as apparently there is too many injuries at this age. There is a few machines (2 leg machines and some dodgy pulldown thing) in there but they are "only for the girls".

I was suprised they don't squat.

Chest today :P

First things first.. I decided to see what I could db bp (dumbbell bench press) :p
11kgx15
21kgx8
31kgx8
36kgx8 (WOOOO!)
36kgx6
36kgx5 (from what I remember)
31kgx9
31kgx7

After this lot I was dead... (very nackered)

ended up doing:
- incline with 21kg for 4 sets (12rep,11rep,10rep,9rep) - very slow and concentrated I shall add
- some dynamic wide grip bp 4 sets of super quick 12 reps only 30sec break (just thought of something random to add in) :D only used like 35kg but really tried to power each rep up.. I thought it would be fun!
-finally db flies with 11kg fully locked out arms... and my GOD!! I let my arms stretch back! to the point that they kept hitting a barbbell with just mini 5kg plates attached!

Doesn't look like much at all... But It feels like enough so I'll go along with it anyway :p

edit: I missed something out :o

Last edited:
Oh God it begins tonight an hour and a half crosstrainer everyday until Monday, then hitting the weights hard. Then after a fortnight going to get the challenges thread rolling, come on people get your Youtube video's:p:D!

Its funny was at the gym sun ,and managed db press ,had the 46 kgs [each hand] and found it not too hard [sets of 6]
maybe ultra was right needed to up the shoulder work

Thats pretty strong :p

Only managed an hour, Christmas has killed my fitness a little I think!

I bet you just thought 'ahhh I can't be bothered with this it's christmas' :p

Gym is closed for 10 days. :(

Mega fail.

awww, do body weight stuff at home?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom