For the gym rats

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Ive finally gleaned enough info out of threads like this and got my behind in gear.

I need to ditch around 2 stones at the mo, as im a fat (but not unfit) SOB, ive incorporated some compound exercises into my routines, weights are light at the mo, im working on getting the intensity and form right, even so, ive found the DL to be the one that kills me:eek: woke up the day after really feeling it, im ok today tho.Did some light squats today for the 1st time ever so lets see what tomorrow brings!

Good luck mate, by doing some reading up first you're already ahead of 90% of the people starting out. Some of the form I saw in my newly packed gym (thankyou January) was at best laughable and at worst very damaging.

Free weights are something quite new to me, ive only ever used machines in the gym, I can probabaly lift a lot of weight, just not properly.

Im avoiding gyms for a few months, Ive got enough kit at home now (decent bench and squat stands), and I much prefer road running to running on a treadmill, plus my loacal fitness first smells of wee:(:p

How many kcals are you aiming for?
so far you have over 4000 a day?

That adds up to around 3600 , which is what I'm aiming for - unless I've made a mistake on my spreadsheet somewhere

Edit , here's spreadsheet :

How many kcals are you aiming for?
so far you have over 4000 a day?

That adds up to around 3600 , which is what I'm aiming for - unless I've made a mistake on my spreadsheet somewhere

Edit : Here's details
Food Kcal Protein Carbs Fat
Wake Up 07:30 Wholemeal Bread Slice 94 4.1 16 1
Wake Up 07:30 Wholemeal Bread Slice 94 4.1 16 1
Wake Up 07:30 Chicken Breast 150g 174 32.7 0 4.8
Arrive Office 10:00 4 x Large Egg 420 34 0 30.4
Arrive Office 10:00 Wholemeal Slice x 2 160 8 28.2 1.6
Lunch Office 13:00 Chicken 300G 348 65.4 0 9.6
Lunch Office 13:00 Basmati Rice 100g 350 8 77 1
Lunch Office 2 16:00 Chicken 300G 348 65.4 0 9.6
Lunch Office 2 16:00 Basmati Rice 100g 350 8 77 1
Pre Workout 19:00 Fussili 100g Pasta Wholeweat 330 12.5 65.2 1.8
Pre Workout 19:00 Tuna 130g 247 35.23 0 11.7
Workout 20:00
PWO Shake 21:00 PWO Shake Protein 30g 168 23.6 0.9 2.1
PWO Shake 21:00 WMS 30g 105.9 0 26.4 0
Last Meal 21:30 Chicken 300G 348 65.4 0 9.6
Last Meal 21:30 Basmati Rice 100g 350 8 77 1
Bed 23:00

Totals : 3887 kcal / 375g Protein / 383g Carbs / 86g Fat

So on days without workout (remove PWO Shake) 3613 kcal.

Last edited:
Definetely will get some steaks in at least once a week, I couldn't last long without steak.

Didn't list fruit/veg as they don't really contain many calories but I eat at least 4-5 fruits per day (tangerines, apples , grapefruit some mornings) - with chicken/rice usually have some green peppers/onions or whatever we have left in the kitchen

I personally think that's a lot of calories for someone who's 195lbs...

Too many carbs and bread shouldn't be a staple for two meals. Is that 100g rice cooked weight or dry?

My gut feeling is you'll pack a lot of fat with that diet :)

Too many carbs and bread shouldn't be a staple for two meals. Is that 100g rice cooked weight or dry?

100g rice dry weight

I've used the bodyweight in lbs x 18 for kcal gaining figure - the carbs do sound high - so does 375g of protein though :p

I think you'll find it's excessive for your weight, but again with these things- stick to it for a while and weigh weekly to see how your body is adapting.

Not a massive fan of the diet, no veg, healthy fats (apart from the eggs) etc... not too keen on the carb sources either.

What bodyfat you at now and what is your goal? :)

I think you'll find it's excessive for your weight, but again with these things- stick to it for a while and weigh weekly to see how your body is adapting.

Not a massive fan of the diet, no veg, healthy fats (apart from the eggs) etc... not too keen on the carb sources either.

What bodyfat you at now and what is your goal? :)

I'm open to suggestions on how to change/optimise the diet ...

Which things would you remove/change to improve? I don't mind changing it around.

For healthy fats I take Omega 3 caps - for carb sources I could swap toast for oats?

I'm currently guessing between 18-20% , not been measured. Goal is simply to get bigger !

Dude i have a friend who is a fairly ripped 160lbs and he needs 4000kcal to bulk even a little. You cant make assumptions like that based on peoples weight alone. From what i've seen Overclocka is a very lean/skinny type and could well need huge caloric intake to make any headway, hopefully he has sense enough to back off if he starts gaining fat. On the plus side naturally skinny guys will drop weight like nothing if needed so fat gain is less of a worry

I'm open to suggestions on how to change/optimise the diet ...

Which things would you remove/change to improve? I don't mind changing it around.

For healthy fats I take Omega 3 caps - for carb sources I could swap toast for oats?

I'm currently guessing between 18-20% , not been measured. Goal is simply to get bigger !

So quite high bodyfat... but some people prefer to be bigger rather than worry too much about low bodyfat. As long as you get to the gains you want strength wise I guess it doesn't matter. :) And as long as you're happy with having high bodyfat. I guess you can always trim it away when you're ready for it. I'd never want to exceed 14% even when going mad, but I'm only touching 6'1" and around 216lbs. Tempting to bulk up lots, I could easily get to 240lbs+ with ease, but I'd rather keep my trim shape and my strength as I get bigger :)

So quite high bodyfat... but some people prefer to be bigger rather than worry too much about low bodyfat. As long as you get to the gains you want strength wise I guess it doesn't matter. :) And as long as you're happy with having high bodyfat. I guess you can always trim it away when you're ready for it. I'd never want to exceed 14% even when going mad, but I'm only touching 6'1" and around 216lbs. Tempting to bulk up lots, I could easily get to 240lbs+ with ease, but I'd rather keep my trim shape and my strength as I get bigger :)

I'm not too worried about low bodyfat at the moment, but once I'm at a bigger size of course I'll be looking to trim down a bit and not sit at 20%+ , but I've got some time to bulk till then :)

The bodyfat is just an estimate, really should get it measured properly sometime - I've posted recent pics in the pic thread not long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom