For the gym rats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the tips! Think pressing it up would be a little difficult, pushpress however no problem :) Can finally do some decent weight free standing squats now. Just dropping it off the back would be alright? provided I remember to move my ass out of the way!

We're in the same boat then, it's a little frustrating but I know it'll come back quickly.

I've been doing a full body routine so i'm not actually that sore due to the lack of volume per body part. The only place I really felt it was my legs, they were BAAAAD.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the week, want to give 45kg hammer curls a bang again for arms on Wednesday, and on Friday "back day" really heavy partial deadlifts:cool:.

Tuesday:

Relatively light and short session today just needed to get out of the office and do something!

Behind the neck standing shoulder press:

16xbar
12x40kg
10x50kg
7x60kg
4x70kg
5x60kg
6x50kg

Arnies:

10x17.5kg
8x20kg
8x22.5kg
8x25kg
6x27.5kg
8x17.5kg

Bent over lateral raises:

12x15kg
10x17.5
8x20kg
6x22.5kg
8x20kg
8x17.5kg

Cable side raises:

10x10kg
8x15kg
8x15kg
8x15kg
12x10kg

That's it. Short and sweet, got a good pump, only 40mins work out but it was good. :)

Did 15mins of short burst stop and starts to warm down. i.e. 30m sprint, 20m job, 30m sprint etc... ever 2 mins I paused for a minute and then did it again. Felt good actually despite my heavy leg day - just want to keep myself on the pace for my sprinting/running. :)

I've found out what's wrong with my arm :(

I think it's my brachialis tendon, I've had something similar in this left arm last year, it effected me for a few days but I continued with everything lol.. I'm going to give it a few more days.. :(

Legs tmz will be fine and with any luck I'll be doing a chest session thurs.. I'm going to leave my back and bis alone till next week :)

Going to get some ice :o

I usually do these on my leg day but in front of my neck, any extra benefit of going behind?

TBH I just felt like doing behind the neck - it's not really good as it can cause a lot of injuries and it puts the shoulder in an unnaturally strained position - I usually do front presses to which really you should do instead. behind the neck is a lot more sensible doing light weights as I have because of that fact. :)

TBH I just felt like doing behind the neck - it's not really good as it can cause a lot of injuries and it puts the shoulder in an unnaturally strained position - I usually do front presses to which really you should do instead. behind the neck is a lot more sensible doing light weights as I have because of that fact. :)

Ah yes, it always did feel a bit wrong going behind!

By the way you push some monstrous weight sir! :eek:

Well not quite monsterous, yet... but I'm getting there but thanks! :) Aims for this year or at least hopefully summertime are 160kg bench, 200kg squats for reps, 250kg deadlift - this will get me to 610kg which would rock. :cool: Bench is nearly there, squats is not far off I reckon I can nail those two in the next 4-5 months. 250kg DL might take a good 6 months to move up from 210kg at the moment.

Well not quite monsterous, yet... but I'm getting there but thanks! :) Aims for this year or at least hopefully summertime are 160kg bench, 200kg squats for reps, 250kg deadlift - this will get me to 610kg which would rock. :cool: Bench is nearly there, squats is not far off I reckon I can nail those two in the next 4-5 months. 250kg DL might take a good 6 months to move up from 210kg at the moment.

Based on what im seeing with enhanced genetics :p the deadlift is the slowest mover. I could shift 200 before starting my cycle, the best ive done on cycle is 200 for 5 using rest-pause. Ive still not moved 210 (although i hope to today).

By contrast my bench has gone from 97.5 to 130 (plus at least another 5k id bet) and my squat is up from 130 for 1 to 130 for 10 for multiple sets with a max estimation of 150-160.

So by that rational id say your bench and squat should come easy enough but your deadlift may well take all year. This is assuming however that drugs are indeed a legitimate method for telling the future...lol

Hence why I said deadlift = longer for my targets ;)

I think if I kept my training and my diet as it was and decided to do gear I'd get some good results... just not for me at all though.

Haha i think youd 'explode' definately candidate for 'real' lifts (800kilo totals).

If you ever want the info drop me a line ;) (that offer does NOT extend to 99% of the rest of you sorry :()

Haven't been to the gym in over a month and not been eating clean like usual. I've been working aboard quite a lot so gym access has been limited. I feel awful! Still I've managed to retain my leanness/size quite well.

Haven't been to the gym in over a month and not been eating clean like usual. I've been working aboard quite a lot so gym access has been limited. I feel awful! Still I've managed to retain my leanness/size quite well.

Had my last session on Wednesday - had to go abroad and lots of work to catch up after but back into it now.

The crank fell off my pushbike a few days ago so haven't done any cardio , really need to get that sorted ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom