For the gym rats

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found the answer to my illness before christmas, the 'norovirus', claiming 3 KG's of my body weight and 3 days of my week!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7182988.stm

I know there is a thread on this in GD, but not everybody reads GD.

I know a lot of people have been affected by this, Morba was hit with it a few days after I was. Anybody else win the raffle and get struck down with it too?

Whats your shoulder workout like? Side raises? Lateral raises? Upright rows?

Was it the front, middle or back of the shoulder? and top middle or bottom?

Slow down :p

The usual is along the lines of db press, standing military press, front raises, side raises, upright rows.

I don't have a set in stone order though.

It's hard to explain where the pain is. Looking at www.exrx.net i'm guessing it's posterior delts.

Last edited:
The plates on my stack are 5kg each and adds up to 80kg, it also has hooks either side so they get 60 kilos of Olympic plates thrown on. I get as low as I can by doing tricep pushdowns on my knees if that makes sense.

Tank...what system do you have at home??

Got a funny feeling you might be using the Body Solid rack with lat attachment?

Friday:

Flat bench:

10x70kg
8x100kg
7x110kg
4x130kg
1x140kg
1x145kg
1x150kg
6x110kg
8x70kg

Decline:

8x70kg
5x100kg
5x100kg
5x100kg
5x100kg
5x100kg

Incline DB supersetted with incline flies:

10x25kg
10x30kg
8x32.5kg
6x35kg
5x35kg
4x35kg

8x15kg
8x15kg
8x17.5kg
7x17.5kg
6x17.5kg
4x17.5kg

I did a warm down of wide grip chins just because... lol!

10xBW
8xBW
6xBW
10xBW

Really happy with bench - 150kg is a PB, 145kg is a PB, I've never ever pushed that weight before, and today I just felt very very strong and was just able to push it up no probs?! The downward movement was slow and controlled too just to add to the pain so I don't quite know how I managed that. I'm chuffed to bits!

Rugby tomorrow, and I can't wait - I'm feeling fired up and ready! :cool: :cool:

As some of you might remember (I know i discussed it with Morba quite a bit) early last year i set myself a goal of getting 5 chins by the end of the year... not hard but at a lardy 120kg and not being able to do even 1, it was a challenge.

Today i got 5 sets of 5, not superstrict, but strict enough for me to be very happy :D

Nice one oddjob :) I'm still only able to manage 2 on a good day, am sticking with assisted for the mean time. Hopefully by summer I'll be pulling my own body weight (currently 114kg)

Being nearly 2 stone down from when i started has helped, but i found slow negatives to be better than assisted (i assume you're talking on a machine). One techinque i used that really helped was doing a 2-3 negs several times a day. Not enough to be tiring, but just to get the body and muscles used to the movement. I'd clock up at least a dozen a day spread throughout the day. Within a month i could do a couple of full reps.

i get stuck with chins, 5x5 is about the best i can manage with a max set of 8. Pullups are worse with 3 being my max. Its wierd cos everything else has shot up, im rowing 100 for 5x5 ffs (i used to only be able to do 80 for a couple)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom