For the gym rats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back Advice:

I have been quite negligent of much back focused exercise in my routine so I figured I had better start work on Deadlifts and BOR (yes Im pretty sure it is criminal that they have not been a key workout of regime already!).

The problem is I'm very paranoid about causing long term damage, I started off light, as in just the 20kg bar then worked it up to 50kg over a few weeks. My only worry now is the dull pain in my lower back 2 days after my last back workout, is this common when starting out, like when you first start weight on pretty much any part of your body? Or should I stop immediately, recover then return to no weight? :confused:

(Apologies for the vagueness here, I just want to be sure that pain is gain in this area and not something else ).

Unless you have back issues you shouldn't feel any pain!

The only thing I can think of is that your rounding your back and lifting incorrectly/with poor form.

Squats should help to build up your lower back strength. Have you tried doing seated row in regards to bent over rows.

Should just be down to form. After my first deadlift session my lower back was killing me. Due to a half deadlift/half morning raise form! Correct form and I don't have any issues now.

Decent session today... best one i've had in quite a few months, maybe even the last year.

got 105k for a triple on the push press (with quite a bit to spare) and got a 200k deadlift (again with some to spare) This is at about 15kg lower BW than a year ago :D. Hoping my training this year is better than last year (can't be much worse).

Anyone ever get like a rash on the forearm after doing deads (appears to be under skin)? Only been doing them two weeks, praps I just aint used to them yet...

Anyone ever get like a rash on the forearm after doing deads (appears to be under skin)? Only been doing them two weeks, praps I just aint used to them yet...

I've seen this one before. It's more than likely just your forearms rubbing on your clothes i.e. Tracksuit bottoms.

yep, looks like meningitis doesnt it :D its just capillaries under the skin rupturing as your blood pressure skyrockets. Just hope it doesnt happen in your head, that will really ruin your day/life :p

slackened off from my regular 4 hits at the gym over xmas maybe 4-5 weeks went back and my weight i can lift has dropped off a lot. Now i am thinking of quitting the subs so i can just train at home now i have moved and have enough room to have my own little set up, but i was wondered if you can get to train the lats with just bar/dumbells .

any ideas of what excercises hit the lats like the cable pull downs with bar/dumbells

YourWhey.co.uk

This website is run by a cousin of mine, he got a marketing degree and while he is jobsearching he set up this website. He buys bulk from the UK suppliers of Maximuscle but his prices are a lot cheaper. I tried some banana flavour at Christmas, went down easy. Next protein I buy will be from him, he was telling me that L'Glutamine increases your growth hormone 400%, and he'll send me a sample when I order.

Ronnie_Coleman.jpg

Last edited:
L-Glutamine does no such thing, its an amino acid, no more no less. In high concentration i can help influence the relase of growth hormones sure, so do most aminos when ingested in high amounts. But 400%? I doubt it. I used L-glut for about 6 months and saw no difference on or off it tbh (was using 15-30g daily)

Also his prices aint cheap!? About standard for 2kg (im gonna go ahead and assume 2.2?) is 30 quid even for a 'good' brand like ON (who are 28g/30 protein not 25/30).

Last edited:
so expensive and a lot more carbs than most whey protein has :eek:

a lot of the people who sell bulk protein openly admit half the stuff wont make much different and whey protein isnt really needed unless you cant eat enough protein naturaly through meat, eggs etc

the guy in that pic probably likes his roids lol

Last edited:
so expensive and a lot more carbs than most whey protein has :eek:

a lot of the people who sell bulk protein openly admit half the stuff wont make much different and whey protein isnt really needed unless you cant eat enough protein naturaly through meat, eggs etc

The carbs are processed so that the nutritional value is maintained unlike some other brands. Also some of the weight gainer products have over half its contents consisting of sugar.

I don't take many suppliments but with my regular diet over christmas and 1 tub of protein I put on 1/2 a stone, having one shake a day. I already eat 4 times a day, having a shake can help if you don't feel like another big meal or if you need something quick to keep your metabolic rate up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom