Ford Capri is back...

Front looks like a toy car and needs a lot of redesigning to evoke the Capri look and feel. The back aspect is better.

Why use the name? I don’t understand it.

In the one hand it draws attention to an otherwise rather dull car, but it annoys more people than it pleases surely?

Doesn’t make sense to me.

Having already tarnished the Puma and Mustang names it’s clearly a strategy that they think is working for them.

If they just called it the Mondeo E-Max bland edition no-one would even know it existed.

:(

Having already tarnished the Puma and Mustang names it’s clearly a strategy that they think is working for them.

it’s a bizarre business strategy. Take a classic Ford sports/coupe name and attach it to a new SUV bearing no relation to the previous model?

Last edited:
Isn't this basically just a VW ID.4 (or 5?) underneath anyhow? I seem to remember VW were sharing some of their electric car stuff with Ford as part of a deal for Ford making the new Amarok from the Ranger platform :s

Last edited:
So they've used the Explorer name for the smaller one and the Capri name for the larger one? Makes no sense. They'll release a 7-seater SUV called the Fiesta next.

I'm awaiting the return of the RS Cosworth SUV / MPV...

Sounds like a new collaboration on the ID. Buzz platform.

EDIT: To be fair "RS Cosworth Explorer" in the vein of the Trackhawk kind of sounds like a cool vehicle.

Last edited:
:(

cupMWDF.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom