Ford Capri is back...

Soldato
"Inspired by the original Capri"...

Yet another generic SUV with no links to the original model whatsoever.

Next up...new Ford Fiesta RS. A 2 ton electric SUV pickup somehow "inspired" by the original lightweight hot hatch.

Last edited:
Soldato
Eurgh. What a terrible day to have eyes.

I can honestly see Ford being non existent in the next 20-30 years. They got absolutely no clue what so ever as a car company anymore.
I think you might be guilty of projecting your own perception of what constitutes being a good car company here. They might not make cars you and I like, but brand new Fords in the segment (Kuga, new Puma, the Musang EV, etc) are still a common sight around my way. Anecdotal I know, but they aren't stupid, and are obviously making what the market demands; which is, unfortunately, odd hatchbacks on stilts.

Soldato
Is anything going to happen to VED (£40k threshold) for 2025 and EVs (well not EVs, cars in general I guess). It seems most new stuff nowadays is priced over this (or priced under but then you add on like one extra and it takes you over). Surely that £40k should be re-evaluated as it isn't fit for purpose? :(

EDIT: On topic - shouldn't have called it a Capri.

Last edited:
I bet the marketing people love this sort of thing

Lead : "Shall we reuse one of our old iconic names again or make up something from scratch like the mondeo?"
Intern : "If we use an old name a load of old men will wet the bed!, Sorry! didn't mean to say that out loud!"
Others : "Interesting, so your saying it will trigger conversation, loads of free advertising of memes etc and not affect the people who would actually buy it?"
Lead : "When you put it like that.."
Lead : "So we are all agreed then, reuse another name it is?"

Back
Top Bottom