Ford Capri is back...

Apparently it costs 170+ million to establish a new model name (According to Tom Ford of Top Gear).

Name aside, it's just a car isn't it? Ford and Vauxhall are just Family car brands at this point and that's what we're getting. I really am sad the estate car seems to have died however. I never aspired to be a Mondeo Man, but here I am.

They could have actually made a decent go of this......but no, yet another SUV!!

Maybe a cheaper version of the taycan? I dunno, anything but that.

How many SUVs do they need anyway. Why couldn't they just make the puma electric, kuga electric, galaxy electric?

Last edited:
Ford are crazy, get rid of their best selling cars then present an abortion of a vehicle such as this capri. They even make a reference to the 'c' to be cheeky - I've another word for it.
Pass me the bucket.
Why is it that manufacturers seem to think they know best?

Last edited:
Apparently it costs 170+ million to establish a new model name (According to Tom Ford of Top Gear).

Name aside, it's just a car isn't it? Ford and Vauxhall are just Family car brands at this point and that's what we're getting. I really am sad the estate car seems to have died however. I never aspired to be a Mondeo Man, but here I am.
I was the same, but now I love the thing. Hanging on to my Mk5 Mondeo for as long as possible.

I was the same, but now I love the thing. Hanging on to my Mk5 Mondeo for as long as possible.
It's true that you don't realise what you have until it's gone. Honestly can't see how this and the other rubbish electric suvs are in any way better replacements to the Focus and Fiesta
(Aside from being better at lining Ford's wallet potentially)

Last edited:
Jesus wept, cars are boring these days. Why does 90% of new cars to market have to be a SUV or crossover. bUt We HaVe A cHiLd, when I was a nipper, myself and two siblings were driven around in a XR4i that didn't have rear seatbelts.

Five hours and this is the 60th post. Ford know exactly what they're doing. To us it's sacrilege, to Ford it's marketing genius. Regardless of what you think of the Mustang Mache, within a day of it being announced every single car site in the world knew what it was, and Ford didn't have to spend a penny. They did the same with the Puma to a lesser extent and now the Capri's turn is here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom