Forget 34UM95, here's 34UC97! (CURVED 34")

Man of Honour
My monitor was collected yesterday and I've been gaming on my U2713H since.

The resolution looks odd, not sure I could go back to 16:9.

But the colours are a lot better, I need to calibrate the LG I think.

Associate
Hello!

My first post here. I ordered the UC97 back in Jan 7. When I got it, I took some pictures of the BLB and it wasn't as bad as most of the ones pictured here. Last night I was playing Mass Effect 3 and it only plays at 2560*1440, so I got the black bars on the side at fullscreen. The BLB seems to have gotten worse. Anyone else experience this? Am I still within the window for OcUK to help?

Last edited:
Associate
Didn't really notice it so much in BF4 because of the maps I play and I haven't played any movies on the monitor. But I started playing ME3 and had to deal with the crop bars and it has become really obvious. What do you guys think?

http://imgur.com/a/guBpF

I just linked the album because the photos are pretty big. :D

Thinking about buying the 4K Phillips and selling this on. Already started the process with LG to try and fix it...but judging by everyone else's posts, it takes time and it probably wont get any better.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
LG collected it on the 20th and I got a call from the couriers yesterday to arrange a drop off time.

So around 5 working days.

Associate
Well I purchased a 34UC87 back in December and im currently writing this on a 17" standard monitor. Mine has dead pixels, Backlight bleed and to top it off, it died today. Only 3 months old, but of course I have my 2 years on site warranty right! Nope, LG are collecting it on Friday and it will take upto 14 days to turn around. Gutted.

Associate
Well, it's been quite the fiasco doing this RMA with LG.

Mar 2: Called in and created the ticket. They asked for photos and I submitted them the same day.

Mar 16: Call in because I haven't heard back and it has been two weeks. Turns out they never transferred my photos onto the ticket so their techs haven't even reviewed the ticket. The agent promises me they will expedite this for me and apologizes.

Mar 24: Call in because I haven't heard back since the 16th. Agent checks ticket, say techs agreed it need to be repaired. Asks when I would like it picked up? We agree on Mar 26. He instructs me to take it off the stand and only turn in the monitor to the courier. I ask why I can't use the box it came in, he says the courier will bring there own and to not use me box. OK, simple enough.

Mar 26: Take time from work to meet the courier. Courier should up with a box for 60" flat screen TV. Asks if my monitor is OLED? I tell him it is OLED backlit, but the display is IPS. Long story short, he doesn't want to take it because he knows it will get damaged in this box. Also, claims that he has been taught not to take "TVs" that are OLED without the stand. He calls his company and informs them. I call LG a bit upset, they assure the courier will arrive with the correct box tomorrow and apologize for the inconvenience.

Mar 27: Courier calls me to meet up again. Says he doesn't think it will fit again, his company gave him a box for a 55" curved LG TV. We meet up again, more time taken from work, and we agree it shouldn't go in the box he brought. He was a nice guy and I couldn't fault him for not wanting to take it, it would be on him if it was damaged. The company he works for chose the box, not him. So we call LG. This agent wasn't very helpful. He called the courier's company and spoke with them, don't know what they discussed because I was on hold. He comes back and says he is sorry, but they will have to reschedule it again. I lost my cool. I told him this was ridiculous, I've been trying to do an RMA with them for close to a month now and I'm not taking anymore time off of work to meet their couriers! I asked why I couldn't just use the original box in the first place and he said they couldn't guarantee I'd get it back. I asked him to escalate it. He comes back on the phone and says they will e-mail the tech center to make sure they return my box and if not they will send me a new one, then he hung up right after finishing. I called back, explained to the new agent that the previous guy just hung up on me...that didn't get me anywhere, but he did assure me that what the previous tech said was in the ticket and he would talk to him about customer service. I got my box out, packed it with the couriers help.

Now I get to wait 7-14 business days for LG to attempt to fix my backlight bleed. I'll post pictures later on tonight when I'm home of the bleed.

I'm pretty upset with this whole experience, looking at the 32" BenQ 4K display. Currently don't have a display for my main PC, so I'll be using my laptop until I either get a new display or get this one back.

nZFrbh6.jpg.png
me31I0S.jpg.png
KaWPnLS.jpg.png
FxexxUA.jpg.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Or buy any LG full stop, when will manufacturers realize that service like this is just unacceptable and has a direct impact on their sales.

Don't they know it now very easy, through forums like this, for consumers to find out about their products and services.

HEADRAT

Soldato
I think some of the confusion is because its not OLED but LED. LG's OLED tv is 55 inches which would maybe explain the box issue as there is no LG OLED monitors.

I did have similar hassle with LG though when I sent them mine. They promised to call me back about 10 times and never did...not once...I had to call them up every single time and then it went through to the manager and even he failed to call me back a couple of times. They decided to give me a refund instead of a repair... but then it took me three weeks of hassle to even get my monitor back to me so I could send it to OCUK for a refund.

Last time I buy a LG monitor that's for sure. There customer service is awful.
The only good part was I got a refund in the end but having to constantly call them when they said they would call me back became extremely annoying.

Last edited:
Associate
I think some of the confusion is because its not OLED but LED. LG's OLED tv is 55 inches which would maybe explain the box issue as there is no LG OLED monitors.

I did have similar hassle with LG though when I sent them mine. They promised to call me back about 10 times and never did...not once...I had to call them up every single time and then it went through to the manager and even he failed to call me back a couple of times. They decided to give me a refund instead of a repair... but then it took me three weeks of hassle to even get my monitor back to me so I could send it to OCUK for a refund.

Last time I buy a LG monitor that's for sure. There customer service is awful.
The only good part was I got a refund in the end but having to constantly call them when they said they would call me back became extremely annoying.

So, were all the call back issues after they had your panel or before? Also, did you have to pay to send it to OCUK or did LG cover that? I shipped OCUK back a Kraken X41 and it cost me 12 quid. If i get a refund, going to be expensive shipping it back to OCUK.

I totally agree with the customer service, it's terrible. I should not have to keep calling these people. THe fact that these agents thought it was just ok to reschedule the pickup blew my mind, like it's no big deal to wait around for the courier.

Soldato
I had a few issues with them failing to sort out a collection and then once they had it I asked for updates and they said they would call me back once they find out and I had to call myself each time. They when they finally said they will send it back to me for a refund it took 3 weeks for them to do that as there were communication issues between LG and the place they send the monitor so it can be sent back to me so that was a huge hassle that took weeks.

OCUK sent there DHL guy so that was free and I didn't have to pay for any of this apart from the phone calls to LG which wernt cheap.

Man of Honour
LG have done a good job with mine, the bleed that made it terrible has all but gone. It's only if I specifically look in the top corners now, rather than before where I could see it out of the corners of my eye.

Associate
Got mine back today, which was unexpected. They managed to pack it back with the wrong Styrofoam. The top portion is too narrow for the box and it's been cut...I don't understand how this is even possible. Screen was well wrapped though and the bottom Styrofoam seemed to hold it place pretty well. My room is too bright right now to get an accurate assessment of the results, but so far it is a noticeable difference in the right direction. I'll post pictures when it gets dark. I had mine calibrated with i1Display Pro to 6500K @ 110 Lum. Will re-calibrate it before snapping pictures.

edit:
Calibrated to 6500K @ 100 Lum w/ i1 Display Pro
2cUNKIK.jpg.png
hcFXdBJ.jpg.png
k5C5jWp.jpg.png

The last image is a very accurate depiction of what I am seeing in a dark room and a full black background. I'm normally using the screen with the lights on (first picture) but I can still see some bleeding. Bottom right came back a lot worst than when it left. Not happy with it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just wondering if anyones got a LG with good backlighting?

I know people will always post pics when there is problems but surely this must be the minority with all that are sold.

I'd like to see some pics of good examples too!

Care to share?

Back
Top Bottom