Forget 34UM95, here's 34UC97! (CURVED 34")

Associate
I finally got this bad boy and so far im happy with IPS glow. Yes its there but far from what that AOC monitor had its quite bearable so far for me

What settings lads would you suggest to get the best out of the monitor?

Associate
ok some pics when it fitted .

vesa@pe20wall@pe20mount@pe20bracket_fin.jpg.w480.jpg

06_VESA-bracket.jpg

07_VESA-bracket-attached.jpg

08_BESA-attached.jpg

15_34UC97-cablesrear.jpg

13_34UC97-lightroom.jpg

Hello Jommy999.

What stand is that?

Associate
How do you mean? It's the same height as a 27" 1440P monitor, so normal height?

Forgot I posted this!

It was 18cm~ smaller than my last monitor as I used to have the stand at its highest, but I found a more comfortable position so it isn't an issue anymore :)

Soldato
My monitor i purchased from Ocuk back in 10 Nov 2014 has an ongoing problem that has now got to the point where its a problem that wont go away as of today again.

The issue im having is when using Display port connection the screen will either show half a screen with colours not right and the other half distorted and fuzzy, or the screen will just show an out of range message as if the screen size or refresh rate is to great for the monitor too handle.

Ive tried two different display port leads and two different computers and the same result is observed.
However if i connect an HDMI cable to the screen it work as expected, 3440x1440 @50hz which is obviously lower than the 60hz the screen is capable of.

Has anyone else had this type of issue? i first reported this issue with Ocuk back on the 21st December 2014 and was advised i had to deal with LG directly.
The problem seemed to be very intermittent at that point and i created the support on LG web site but left it there and kept the screen due to bad reports people were having when trying to get goods sorted via RMA etc.

I have put a reply into the support section on the Ocuk forums and await a reply hopefully tomorrow as to whether Ocuk will help me with the issue or not, as i see they now said they will accept back light bleed issues.

thats a picture taken when the screen actually shows anything.

Associate
I had almost the exact same issue although I found with mine it was actually due to my mini display port adapter (which I no longer use)

Do you have another output on your card you can try, or perhaps even another display port cable? I've found of all cables (especially on this monitor) they are the easier to damage, so it's not out of the realm of possibility that two cables are on their way out.

Interested to know if you sort it, I was horrified when I saw mine do this.

Soldato
I dont have another display port lead, i currently have it running off the hdmi output and its working
The second cable i used was one which has been sat upstairs untouched.

This first appeared back in december 2014 and i reported it too ocuk but they wouldnt help as its was out of its `28 day doa` they use (41 days old at the time)

Ive since found whats causing the issue (i think) and contacted both Ocuk and LG, Ocuk support has been less than poor.

LG have agreed to take a look at it if i want them too, but the horror stories ive seen on here put me off a bit, although somebody needs to take responsibility and stand by their products.

Soldato
Ive just about had enough of after sales service from companies, fed up is an understatement.

Contacted Ocuk back in december last year with the fault my monitor has developed which was about 41 days after i purchased the goods and was told they wouldnt help and i had to contact LG for warranty claims.
In the end i left it as occasionally the issue would rectify itself until now, where the problem is evident all the time now.

Contacted Ocuk again and they still refused to help as its out of the 28 day DOA and said i needed to contact LG for warranty again. The monitor is now 9 months old.

Contacted LG support friday last week and they advised me their courier company would contact me monday to arrange a collection, whilst on the phone i asked the advisor about the horror stories ive read on both Ocuk and other web sites.
She said that was all fixed now and it was down to packaging issues.

Monday came and went and today friday i call LG again to be told the reason the monitor has not been collected is due too them having no packaging for the monitor.
I asked when they would have some and how stupid the situation was and was advised they dont know when or if they will have any packaging for the monitor.

So im sat here with a what was thousand pound monitor which neither LG or Ocuk will replace or repair. Ocuk have eventually said they would collect it and get LG to pick it up but would only be the same as me contacting them directly.

Why on earth i cant just get a replacement job done is beyond me and as for LG support its not worth the web site its written on.

I also discovered tonight that Ocuk are selling the monitor with a 3 year warranty but lg state its only a 2 year warranty.

#will i ever get this thing fixed..........

Soldato
PM one of the OCUK dons, they're generally very helpful try 5UB, I think he deals with customer service.

Bailey is replying to my current official stance as advised by Consumer help line run by CAB. Cant say a lot more at present except im not happy at present and trying to get this sorted out as Ocuk are not keen to help.

I had a similar problem back in january 2014 and Ocuk would not help then either until i got Consumer advice involved.

Associate
Contacted Ocuk back in december last year with the fault my monitor has developed which was about 41 days after i purchased the goods and was told they wouldnt help and i had to contact LG for warranty claims.

This is flat-out untrue since your agreement is with the retailer, not the manufacturer. OcUK should deal with any returns/problems in the first year minimum.

Getting a bit tired of seeing so many people fobbed off by poor after-sales service from OcUK.

Soldato
Been offered a partial refund (from Ocuk) coinciding with how long ive had the monitor, which i have now accepted.
Just a shame it took official letters to get some form of acceptable result/remedy.

Now what to monitor to buy in replace of the UW, a lot of new tech coming out but i cant wait for ever as i rely on my pc for all sorts of things.
Thinking of buying a good 27" instead of a 60hz UW, just dont know what to get as 120/144hz ips but acer which seem to get bad press. 120/144 hz tn with not so good colour reproduction etc, too g-sync or not too.....

Decisions decisions.

Back
Top Bottom