Former Russian double agent seriously ill in Salisbury.

Soldato
OP
We didn't assassinate anyone even during World War 2, but you think the UK government would do that now and there would be no outrage if we actually killed civilians in Moscow?

So what you're saying is that SOE didn't plan, train the operatives and covertly assist in carrying out Operation Anthropoid, the assassination of Heydrich? And I bet the RAF didn't fly the operatives into country either.

Soldato
OP
Wasn't it a weaponised analogue of Fentanyl that the Russians used, with their usual 'we don't give a ****' attitude, to kill free all those hostages in the theatre siege in Moscow?

Soldato
OP
We need to see that first before we start throwing our weight around too much. I dont think Russia are as weak as SPG is making them out to be. They may be a wounded animal in some respect, but they are a wounded animal with huge military and nuclear capability.

They may have large military, but it's a 80s/90s era military that's crumbling. They like to say they have a huge modern military with new and shiny toys, but doesn't anyone find it at all suspicious that the majority of the new weapons programmes detailed by Putin last week were backed up by nothing more than hastily bodged together footage and CGI?

Soldato
OP
Does anyone actually believe that if Russia were provided with a sample, they would analyse it?

There is no way in hell they would just go 'yep that's xyz'.

Of course they wouldn't. In fact, the plane carrying the sample back would probably get accidentally shot out of the sky by a Russian missile system manned by Russian military personal that were never there.

Soldato
OP
Do we not get a lot of out gas/oil from Russia, what if they were to sanction us?

How? We live on an island at the very end of a long gas pipeline that goes through numerous other countries. If they want to turn the pumps off for us, then they'll be turning them off for the majority of Western Europe.

Soldato
OP
Yeah I'm not buying it that it was Russia. The movivating factors when they are on the world stage with the world cup going so well is just retarded. Then to even conceivably want to do it within the same vicinity of the last poisoning is just even more retarded.

Given the amount of propaganda and bs our media seems to be known for these days and the corruption of our current government, I'm not buying it.

I will of course wait to hear more evidence, but the motivational factors don't add up properly in my view.

Of course it's ******* Russia. They poisoned the Skripals and in the process of carrying out that operation they've left God knows how much contamination behind.

Occam's razor.

Soldato
OP
Or maybe, just maybe, it wasn't Russia....?

I will wait for further evidence, but seems absurd to do it at the peak of the world cup if you ask me.

Seriously? You think that these two people should've waited until after the World Cup to accidentally come into contact with some contamination? How does that work then?

Soldato
OP
And what about England's dependence on Russian gas? What happens when winter comes?

"A spokeswoman for the Department for Business, Enterprise and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) told BBC News that the UK "benefits from highly diverse and flexible sources of gas supply. We estimate less than 1% of our gas comes from Russia and are in no way reliant on it"."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43421431

Soldato
OP
Someone is lying or this image is outdated. (Dec 2017, BP's own info)

https://www.carbonbrief.org/factcheck-less-than-1-per-cent-uk-gas-supplies-come-from-russia

Most gas imports to the UK come via pipelines, primarily from the Norwegian sector of the North Sea. Pipelines accounted for 45% of supplies in 2017, as the chart above shows. The remaining 8% of last year’s supplies came via shipments of LNG, mostly from Qatar.

A more detailed breakdown of the source of imports is below.

In 2018 to date, domestic production accounts for 33% of UK demand, imports from Norway a further 39% and other pipelines another 20%, according to figures from ICIS, an information provider. It says LNG shipments have accounted for just 2.9% of supplies in 2018 to date, including 0.4 percentage points from Russia.

Seems we're not that reliant on Russia after all.

Back
Top Bottom