Formula Boinc 2017

Soldato
well ive had word from Houdini and hes back from hiding and will join us later tonight

that zen of yours engy is VERY good at pogs... the numbers you are putting out from a single system is almost not making sense lol. what speed is it running at

Last edited:
Associate
that zen of yours engy is VERY good at pogs... the numbers you are putting out from a single system is almost not making sense lol. what speed is it running at

I have it running at 3.7Ghz with 3Ghz on the RAM, the CPU will clock higher but I like running it under 50'c and its super quiet. The RAM on the otherhand won't post higher.

MGP

MGP

Soldato
This POGS sprint is going to be very cat and mouse. Bunkering when dependent on a wingman is such a lottery when or even if your WUs will validate. There will be too many people out there with queues that are far too big to be returned within this challenge.

TAAT have, in proportion closed the gap to us a little. We seem to have a cushion and that may be as a couple of our big hitters were on POGS before the sprint was announced so they already had a queue waiting validation. It will be unpredicable. At the current time only a 1/4 of my returned WUs are validated. If that ratio is being replicated by other players and teams, there could be a lot of swings when bigger bunkers get dropped.

Associate
How long does it usually take for a Milyway unit to get crunched? I have 4 running on 1 GPU and its taking about 2mins 50secs. Not sure if that is good or not. I can't remember how long it took on my 390.

Soldato
that's pretty good yes! my gtx970 was doing 2 in something like 9 minutes lol.

so over the last 2 days my pending credits have been building, pretty sure they was less than 100 but now risen to 568 on the 64 core.

Last edited:
Associate
The pending credits is an unknown variable, but you guys are stomping us by having some users already on the project before it started. I'd say you've earned the Gold this round. My concern is that OCN also had lots of ppd before the race...which has suddenly dwindled once the Sprint was announced. Gee, you think they're building bunkers over there? Nah, surely not. So for TAAT, can we keep Silver, or is OCN going to drop a nuke and have us Bronzed as a trophy?

Well done guys.

PDW

PDW

Associate
I got the impression early on that S.USA might be bunkering but Free-DC stats server crashed for a day and I've lost track :confused:
Someone is somewhere as I have a shed load still waiting to be validated :)

You've got nothing left up your sleeve Tony ?

Soldato
WTF LOL were did TSBT come from? there now 4th, im guessing is was them bunkering then, lets hope they don't keep updating like this till tonight, we'll soon become 2nd

Associate
Looks like TAAT is closing the gap a bit. Just had another look at the sprint board and they are only 800,000k or 7 points behind. Sure they were 1m behind a couple of hours ago.

Got quite a few pending tasks across the systems I have online. Some have been awaiting verification for 4 days.

Last edited:
Soldato
yup im sure they was nearly 1 million behind aswell, I noticed this also. the Scottish boinc team are the ones whos been holding every bodys points by the looks of it, they just dropped a shed loads of points on the last update

MGP

MGP

Soldato
Looks like the OverAchievers got the result :D

It would be nice to know who all the anonymous bunkerers were who had over a quarter of my WUs still awaiting validation. I don't think there is an easy choice of project when these sprints are for such a short time (but perhaps that's why it's a sprint), but if you need a wingman it turns into a lottery.

I have a feeling that is going to be lost on our friends on the other side of the pond :D

Back
Top Bottom