Formula Boinc 2017

PDW

PDW

Associate
that's a good point PDW, although im not sure who that is

your reduced output in primegrid has give evga time to catch up and are only a very short distance behind us

Looks like they decided to complete the work and upload it :p

They had already overtaken us and then backed off and my slow genefers helped overtake them again. It could be a little while before I get back to it but we are only in March so plenty of time (I think) :)

PDW

PDW

Associate
Bombs Away!

... I was going to pull the trigger tomorrow AM but realised that's the weekend! when the servers go wrong!

Nice dump you had there, can't figure out why you are out performing me so much though.

This morning I found a linux box that hasn't uploaded/downloaded since Thursday morning and didn't have many to do anyway, network activity was set to Always but it had ignored that. Got another box that I only let do short tasks, it can work for a week no problem or only a few hours, the larger the tasks the more chance it has of locking up. I'm also leaving cores free for the GPUs but even with this and the problems I'd still expect to be closer to your output :(

Soldato
OP
I got lucky with the work units. I ran only ECM as in the past I found them to pay best and the 'cw' ones I got given and bunkered up with paid very well, 3 times what the current ECM ones I'm doing, which I got yesterday.

PDW

PDW

Associate
I got lucky with the work units. I ran only ECM as in the past I found them to pay best and the 'cw' ones I got given and bunkered up with paid very well, 3 times what the current ECM ones I'm doing, which I got yesterday.

Ah, that explains it, I didn't do any ECM, just Cruncher and Muon for my next little gold stars :)

PDW

PDW

Associate
had senture , chris , andy joined in ocuk would be at least 4th place by now

Took me a while to realise you meant 4th overall in YoYo !

We finished 3rd in the first sprint so have a bronze medal for that and are currently 3rd in the league, couldn't figure out how it would be worse with more people !!

News on the FB site explains new rules for promotion/relegation for 2018...

Leagues in 2018: The last three teams in leagues 1 and 2 will be respectively downgraded in leagues 2 and 3. The first three teams in leagues 2 and 3 will be respectively upgraded in leagues 1 and 2. The last three teams in league 3 will be replaced by new teams which want to participate to the competition. New teams must ask for integration in competition before november 30th. If there are more than 3 teams, teams will be participate in a sprint from december 8th 00:00 (UTC) to december 10th 23:59 (UTC). The first three teams will be integrated in league 3.

Associate
Sorry I could not participate in this sprint. Had a lot on my plate along with reviving my 4930k rig. Wanted to take a look at LHC@Home since Atlas@Home is being rolled in to it along with points being brought over. It's been a gigantic PITA understanding the limitations of the project. The LHCb simulation does not play nice with massively multi-core setups. It's single threaded, which sounds OK, but the image file is just under 4GB in size. On a 48 core machine with a 160GB Velociraptor it has to duplicate that file 48 times (space problem), then try and boot a fragmented image 48 times (Disk I/O nowhere near sufficient) and if the client does not boot in a timely fashion (10 minutes) it bricks the unit, kills the VM and starts the process all over again. In the end I pulled the plug. I don't fancy giving it an SSD to work with only for it to destroy the drive from excessive write cycles.

Soldato
no work on enigma so ill do abit of yoyo till its back! seems you still have something on there PDW aswell?

edit- I also see oc.net are getting closr on NFS aswell.

Last edited:

PDW

PDW

Associate
no work on enigma so ill do abit of yoyo till its back! seems you still have something on there PDW aswell?

edit- I also see oc.net are getting closr on NFS aswell.
Not much, got less than 50k to go to get a gold star on Muon.
Had thought about going nuclear on Burp as they seem to have regular work at the moment, also considered helping with pogs.
The next sprint will be announced Tuesday lunch time so not long to spend on anything really before clearing the decks to do that :rolleyes:

Associate
And here soon you will more than likely witness my point prior about dead projects and scoring since ATLAS is migrating over to LHC. Points will eventually migrate too (along with badges). However, odds are that FB will not make any adjustments for the project adjustment. So, whomever has 1st through 10th place will lock those points in the rest of the year.

Associate
Hello all.... I wanted to post in here first before I posted in the Spare Computer Parts for Dc projects....

Looking to find a home for my 2 H8DGU-F with Ram 16GB and chips(6276 and heatsinks)

Also have a 4cpu Board, but will need to test first.

Associate
Not much, got less than 50k to go to get a gold star on Muon.
Had thought about going nuclear on Burp as they seem to have regular work at the moment, also considered helping with pogs.
The next sprint will be announced Tuesday lunch time so not long to spend on anything really before clearing the decks to do that :rolleyes:

think 4pm/utc is 5pm here, so maybe a late lunch? lol

Soldato
OP
Hmmm, getting hungry, what's for lunch ?

If I can't even get the date right what chance have I with the time :o

I was checking like a fool yesterday to see what project it was, I suppose I can blame you.

Anyway it's Einstein http://formula-boinc.org/sprint.py?sprint=2&lang=en&year=2017
You may have to call on your buddy Justin Time or whatever his name for this one :D

Well done on your world no.1 Amicable numbers status and also to be the first to reach 100 million.

PDW

PDW

Associate
I was checking like a fool yesterday to see what project it was, I suppose I can blame you.

Well done on your world no.1 Amicable numbers status and also to be the first to reach 100 million.

I blame the fact the date was written in a foreign language :mad:

Thank you, it's keeping me busy :D

Back
Top Bottom