Formula Boinc 2017

Soldato
OP
Really Close!

51sc.png

Associate
Did the idea of setting up a closed Facebook page or similar ever get an airing? Just for notifying people who aren't always on the forum about Sprints etc....just a thought, but then not everyone might use FB either

Associate
Did the idea of setting up a closed Facebook page or similar ever get an airing? Just for notifying people who aren't always on the forum about Sprints etc....just a thought, but then not everyone might use FB either
think it did but got dropped quick, duno why, easy enough to set up a new account just for f/b boinc if anybodys shy lol

Soldato
don't worry, you can be sure you'll all get plenty of reminders from myself :D:D:D

like the next one that starts on the 27th, as soon as I find out what project is selected ill be right on it!

Associate
Yeah OZ you twisted my arm and I'm surprised Midas has ran all night without restart !

However I must protest as I'm researching the new Naples server stuff, damn you for peeking my interest again !

Soldato
what you spend on costs building a more powerfull set up will save on costs of having loads of systems running using lots of electric. for example if I had an i5 , i3 , q6000 I could replace all with a 8/16 ryzen and have more power while using 1/3 or even 1/4th of the electric?

I would love for the next project have a more power set up, bunker it all and make a user name
HMS VANGUARD . and at once just drop my bunker

Associate
what you spend on costs building a more powerfull set up will save on costs of having loads of systems running using lots of electric. for example if I had an i5 , i3 , q6000 I could replace all with a 8/16 ryzen and have more power while using 1/3 or even 1/4th of the electric?

I would love for the next project have a more power set up, bunker it all and make a user name
HMS VANGUARD . and at once just drop my bunker

Any word on how Ryzen chips are stacking up, you could, in theory, have 16 threads for considerably less than intel setup. The days of my spending thousands on hardware are over, not being an offshore worker anymore has its downsides! Happy life tho... Will certainly look at the options to streamline my compute if I can justify lower running costs and setups.

Back
Top Bottom