Fortnite Battle Royale

Associate
Fortnite Battle Royale, by Epic Games, came out today, and it is fun, polished, and generally great. It's PUBG with a cartoony graphics style. It's exactly like PUBG in every way, and its free. Check it out!
We can play together, I'm Mistersprinkles. I'm on North America servers.

Cheers!

Associate
Interesting back story to this - the creators of PUBG are very unhappy apparently saying their game has been stolen and put out for free , the reply from Fortnite crew is that battle royale games were about long before PUBG.

Anyway gonna try as it seems to be getting great reviews and unlike PUGB it is free. :)

Last edited:
Associate
Epic kindly refunded my purchase, as I'd barely touched the game since launch. It was very repetitious, and there was far too much emphasis on microtransactions etc. The Battle Royale announcement didn't inspire much confidence either, as it was very reminiscent of Daybreak's decision to focus development on King of the Kill rather than Just Survive.

I appreciate I'm in the minority here, but I think PUBG is the better game, despite the performance issues. Fortnite's Battle Royale mode is unlikely to appeal to the competitive scene, although it may attract more unscrupulous activity, largely because it's F2P.

Soldato
Think I prefer battle royale to pubg although not played much of either. Find pubg hugely over rated as a whole. It plays so poorly for an fps and has this awful jerky movement without any fluidity. Development for it seems woefully slow as well.

Man of Honour
Im enjoying both at the moment, theres no reason for me to have to pick between the two. If I want something arcadey, with no vehicles, no weapon mods and no prone , but with building and rapid , actiony rounds then I play Fortnite. If I want something a touch more realistic, where I can customize the weapons as I run around, with a larger map and vehicles for transport, where I can go prone and hide in the grasses and slower paced, but without building then I play PUBG. Its a win win situation.

Caporegime
THIs looks really good. I’ve been watching on Twitch. I like the way you can build things and knock down things and set traps, etc. And the weapons are coded in the familiar white, green, blue, purple to boot. :D

Soldato
Im enjoying both at the moment, theres no reason for me to have to pick between the two. If I want something arcadey, with no vehicles, no weapon mods and no prone , but with building and rapid , actiony rounds then I play Fortnite. If I want something a touch more realistic, where I can customize the weapons as I run around, with a larger map and vehicles for transport, where I can go prone and hide in the grasses and slower paced, but without building then I play PUBG. Its a win win situation.

Exactly, more options should hopefully drive them both to get better.

Soldato
I prefer pubg to fortnite's BR. The few matches ive had in fortnite BR has been poor, i dont like the movement, i dont like the cartoon graphics(just for this game) its simply for the time being just not a game i find interesting.

Soldato
Just had a quick play on this and it seems pretty decent. I like the idea of laying traps and building defenses but I've no idea what i'm doing. Did get a trap kill in a house though :)

Game play seems good. Similar to PUBG in some ways but very different in a lot of other ways.
Like said above I'm not a fan of the graphics at all.
Much prefer the realism of PUBG but for a free game its great. I suspect a squad game with mates would be fun.

Soldato
this is what i mean when i started that thread about this business of copycat titles.

i'm not saying this isn't a good game- looks pretty decent, just it is blatantly pubg with a crafting mechanic from (insert zombie survival game that isn't dayz here).

i guess it is cool that it looks a bit more kid freindly than pubg, so it's got that going for it.

Soldato
Jumped on this today to play with a friend, have no idea what I'm doing, but it was fun.

Anyone have any stablity issues with it being early access. Got a 1a memory management system crash first time I played, but was fine for the hours after it :confused:, nothing is overclocked and never had that before in any other games. Hoping was just the game being a git or a conflict or something (had loads of stuff open), cba chasing issues.

On the game itself, it's fun, but how does everyone always have assualt rifles, rocket launchers and all the good stuff. No matter where my squad seems to land, it's nothing but pistols and shotgun, had 4 auto shotguns earlier as that was all that was around.

Soldato
Played it for as good few hours last night and really enjoyed it. I seemed to get a good mix of weapons but I was dropping on the main focus points on the map. Also the golden loot boxes seem to give the best loot so look out for them, they make a sound when you get close to them.

Back
Top Bottom