Fortnite players to become millionaires

Soldato
RV players from memory: Me obviously :), Melkior, CJM, Sid, Q50, AtomicJam, Vorvavoo (Vorv), WizzFizz from here. I'm sure a few more will come to mind soon too. It's been so long now that I've started to forget names. I remember an early game against PR (Phoenix Rising) on Wireplay. It was so early that there wasn't even a warmup mode. We'd just chat to each other asking when everyone was ready and then start the match when we thought they were. In fact that's led me to another early memory of actually admining a few games on Wireplay.
I remember Melkior, Sid and q50 (quiff 50?) - q50 more from the WP forums. I used WP, BW and Jolt servers - but had a fondness for playing on WP as that's where most of KoTR were found/formed.

I think i can picture WizzFizz - did he have a strange colour/character combo? (don't be offended @Wizzfizz - my recall for names is shocking - faces i'm great - names, well, put it this way i'm sure my neighbours think i'm taking the p*** after 5 years). TBH, I can't remember all my clan members :/

Melkior was a great childhood friend of mine and we lived fairly close. Because it was the early days of voice comms, and because he also usually played defense with me, he would sometimes drive over to my house for games so we could sit next to each other to coordinate base defense.
Calling shenanigans - 20 years after the fact :D

That must have been great fun and a considerable advantage (brilliant!) - i would have loved that, but was the only computer nerd i knew back then IRL.

I'm glad your son has the coding bug. I used to be a professional software developer and coding has allowed me to build a wonderful life. So he's building a valuable skill for the future.
Thanks, and pleased to read you found a passion that turned into a career. My hope is the same for my son - he's already keeping his teacher on his toes in C# so it's looking promising. I was able to help out when he was learning VB but he's surpassed my limited knowledge - i just help with the math now if he's painted himself into a corner...

But for him computers are just about games. He was massively into Minecraft a while ago but then found Fortnite.
Reading this thread - i wouldn't knock it :)

*Saw you SP post - classic episode - Trey Parker and Matt Stone can do no wrong (Scott Tenorman Must Die my all time favourite).

Soldato
Wolfiez, the 15 year old who took 900k in duos apparently was the only player at the whole event to use a controller, this true? They should throw him some extra cash just for that feat if so.

Caporegime
Wolfiez, the 15 year old who took 900k in duos apparently was the only player at the whole event to use a controller, this true? They should throw him some extra cash just for that feat if so.

No, I definitely remember at least two others were using gamepads but not their names. They were fighting each other at one point.

Caporegime
Tried fortnite. Didn't like it.
I guess its the new sport for kids watching video games. In game purchases are a concern.
But with industry as it is now going to be more and more under 18 millionaires.

Kind of depressing, but entertainment sells.
Look at that love Island trash

Soldato
I remember Melkior, Sid and q50 (quiff 50?) - q50 more from the WP forums. I used WP, BW and Jolt servers - but had a fondness for playing on WP as that's where most of KoTR were found/formed.

I think i can picture WizzFizz - did he have a strange colour/character combo? (don't be offended @Wizzfizz - my recall for names is shocking - faces i'm great - names, well, put it this way i'm sure my neighbours think i'm taking the p*** after 5 years). TBH, I can't remember all my clan members :/

No offence taken mate. I never used this name In Quake 2 but did go by the names Sabotaj / ][CeMan; the latter was when I first started out. Was in clans such as AL, Rv, CoG, LL and some others for Q2. So many people still floating around these days, obviously older now! But many on this forum. Not sure if q50 was originally called quiff50 lol, but met him a few times at LANs. Tall guy! He's a member on here actually.

Soldato
I tried playing fortnite a few times. In solo my highest was top 10. Never got a number 1. Usually I'd hide out, but most of the time probably some kid would come around the door and even if I got the first shot on him he'd kill me. I think it was probably down to he had better armor... at least thats what I tell myself :D

Soldato

Controllers have some aim assist which can be very beneficial, good controller players aren't that disadvantaged. There are so few controller players because to be good on a controller you also need to play on a PC so you don't suffer from very low FPS late game as on a console, and if you're on PC you probably are going to naturally use a mouse and keyboard.

Caporegime
I had a quick go this afternoon. Highest position was 10 but that was because I hid in an unpopulated area of the map. When it came down to 1v1, I stood no chance as my fingers were all over the place. The acrobatics that regular players can do with the build structures is mind boggling.

Soldato
Now he's got the cash for a gaming PC, do you think he could make the switch to M+K, or will he just stick with a controller?

He uses a controller plugged into a PC

I had a quick go this afternoon. Highest position was 10 but that was because I hid in an unpopulated area of the map. When it came down to 1v1, I stood no chance as my fingers were all over the place. The acrobatics that regular players can do with the build structures is mind boggling.

Open creative mode and you can practice your building

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzRt87pptUo

Make sure your key bindings are comfortable and you can use all your abilities easily

V F

V F

Soldato
Controllers have some aim assist which can be very beneficial, good controller players aren't that disadvantaged. There are so few controller players because to be good on a controller you also need to play on a PC so you don't suffer from very low FPS late game as on a console, and if you're on PC you probably are going to naturally use a mouse and keyboard.

Speaking of controllers...

Back
Top Bottom