** Forum Review Samples - Phanteks P600S **

Soldato
Great review,

I believe Phanteks use RGB shrouds for their fans as opposed to full RGB fans:

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £31.88 (includes shipping: £9.90)

Yeah I thought about these when I built my current PC, but the ML fans really appealed to me for acoustic performance as well, so would have ended up spending more anyway

Associate
@Megahurtz400 Very good review and i do agree about the cable hole sliders.. should be rubber grommets

also agree there should be a removable plate for that front hole you mentioned.. while i personally prefer the hole just to give some space near the fan (also makes cleaning the bottom fan easier)

i also had the phanteks enthoo pro m before this and its definitely an upgrade

it is a shame about the scuffs and if mine arrived like that i wouldnt be happy (i bought mine) but otherwise that white does look very nice.. i was tempted to go for that but went with gunmetal and that looks great too

Soldato
@Megahurtz400 Very good review and i do agree about the cable hole sliders.. should be rubber grommets

also agree there should be a removable plate for that front hole you mentioned.. while i personally prefer the hole just to give some space near the fan (also makes cleaning the bottom fan easier)

i also had the phanteks enthoo pro m before this and its definitely an upgrade

it is a shame about the scuffs and if mine arrived like that i wouldnt be happy (i bought mine) but otherwise that white does look very nice.. i was tempted to go for that but went with gunmetal and that looks great too

Yeah the scuffs are a shame, just the nature of the beast I suppose. As you say though if I had bought it myself I’d be looking for a replacement.

Soldato
For what it is worth my black case didn't have any scuffs and I did have a very good look at it. I like the fans it comes with, they are nice and quiet and seem to be keeping the whole thing fairly cool.

Associate
I'm at work tonight and next two days, but I'll do me best :)
It's mainly the roof leds from my nzxt hue+ kit - I just set them to pulse or wave, slowed them down and chose the right shade of blue.
White would look more realistic (hint :) ) but blue goes nicely with the 64 nitro+.
I have the roof leds behind the mobo tray so they get diffused.

edit - utter tired nonsense, late at work last night, post - they're on the roof behind the aio rad, brightness turned down so it's a subtle movement effect - total fluke of course.

Last edited:
Soldato
Right! Please forgive my very late review, but I've just finished the rebuild.... for now!

(Pictures to follow)

I'm not the most experienced system builder out there. I don't change cases every five minutes and the few systems I have built for friends and family over the years haven't been high end.

I do know what I like though and I tend to stick with what I like long term, that's why I make the vast majority of my purchases through OCuk (Shameless plug). Honestly I'd have never of bought a Phanteks product, much less a midi case like the P600S. I've always bought full towers, ever since my first build in a Thermaltake Xaser 3 back in Athlon Vs Pentium days, I like having copious amounts of space and airflow for upgrades that never seem to come. I've always tried to get the best quality case my money can afford from brands like Lian Li and more recently Be Quiet! after so many positive reviews.

I've always had one issue or another with every case I've ever worked on though, whether it's poor quality screws, difficult to access dust filters or fiddly installations of power supplies or AIO's etc.

Unboxing the P600S made me happy, from sliding the case out of its fabric shroud my first impression was that of quality. It's amalgamation of glass, plastic, fabric and steel looks and feels robust. The Gunmetal grey looking absolutely beautiful stark contrast in comparison to my old white DarkBase 900 Pro. The case is considerably smaller, yet absolutely packed full of features missing from my previous case, from the PSU shroud to the truly life changing removable radiator mount that made installing my usually cumbersome 360mm AIO child's play. I'm at a loss as to finding anything to complain about as even if you lack any artistic flair with cable management like myself you're still able to pull off a lovely clean looking build.

Hell even the screws are good quality, unlike other brands who clearly cheap out there was no ripping the screw to shreds when tightening things up again, or shredding a new screw just trying to take it out so you can build in your case for the first time (I'm looking at you Be Quiet!). I guess if I'm going to be really picky I would love to see some tool less features added but honestly I'm just scraping the barrel for ideas here.

In a nutshell rebuilding in this case has been an absolute pleasure, I've had no issues at all and everything just fits and works as it should. The absolute icing on the cake or should I say chips in the cookies is the fact that uncovering the tempered glass panel has to be the most satisfying product peel I've ever had and you get to do it twice as Phanteks protect both sides of the glass! I wholeheartedly recommend this case if you need a new one and thank the guys at Overclockers for choosing me to review one of these, it's been a pleasure!

Associate
Can I ask anyone got a white and wished they hadn’t, can’t make my mind up white or grey although white edging it (in fact if it was the white on special this week it would have been here now lol )

Soldato
Can I ask anyone got a white and wished they hadn’t, can’t make my mind up white or grey although white edging it (in fact if it was the white on special this week it would have been here now lol )

I still like my white P600s, if anything for the lack of visible dust alone :p If you've got a white theme build/room then its definitely worth going for!

However, when you take the front/top panels off behind them, and I wouldn't recommend running it with these panels on as temps really start to creep up! I am running a Ryzen 2700x and a Sapphire Vega 64+ however, which even with all the panels off has meant I haven't had to turn my radiator on this winter once :D

Associate
Hi,

I'm looking for a case upgrade, and this in black would go very nice :)

I currently have a H500 however airflow is rather restricted as well as there isn't much spare in it.

I'm currently running
Ryzen 1200 @3.9ghz
Rx 580 8gb
16gb tgroup 3000
B350 gaming plus
Evga g2 550w

I would be happy to give a review / take pictures of this and since I already am going for a black and red build I think it would fit in good.

Thank you for your time,
Regards!

Back
Top Bottom